• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

^^ So you're saying you're off the bus, then?

I think the past few games have shown there might be a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a train.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  14

A win next week against ECU could get some people to stay on the bus for a few more stops.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart has the year to prove himself. IMHO:

• 2-10 and he is gone. The team would have to completely flame out in one of the weakest conferences we have ever played in
  • 3-9 and he may survive, as long as the team doesn't quit on him
  • 4-8 and he gets his third year
  • 5-7 would mean we pulled off a victory not many expected and would give, dare I say, hope for 2016
  • 6-6 or better and Doug will come out of retirement and sign CWT to a 10-year extension

This is an extremely weak conference. The bottom 7 teams in the AAC have ONE (1) non-conference victory against an FBS team through five weeks. If you can't put together a few wins this year then its time to start looking for a new coach (or a new gimmick to get people to attend games next year).

I realize this is just your evaluation. But USF literally cannot afford to fire Taggart after this season. Where would they get the money to hire a new coach and still pay the old ones? Tuition is high enough as it is for students, seeing as USF already charges one of the highest rates for sports to its students. And USF does not receive enough donations/revenue to afford it through those means.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Could somebody at least open a window to get some air in here?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm on borad.

Brakes are working well, but the carburetor's all gunked up. Wouldn't mind seeing a turbo bolted on...

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

On.

The ridiculous expectations of this fanbase sicken me.  The cupboard was beyond bare(now made obvious by 50% of the 2-deep being Fr and So) when he got here.  Constantly changing coaches every 3rd year makes it impossible to build something.  Coach T is building something.

Edited by BigShoop

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

• 2-10 and he is gone. The team would have to completely flame out in one of the weakest conferences we have ever played in
  • 5-7 would mean we pulled off a victory not many expected and would give, dare I say, hope for 2016
  • 6-6 or better and Doug will come out of retirement and sign CWT to a 10-year extension

This is an extremely weak conference. The bottom 7 teams in the AAC have ONE (1) non-conference victory against an FBS team through five weeks. If you can't put together a few wins this year then its time to start looking for a new coach (or a new gimmick to get people to attend games next year).

We've never really been in serious contention to win the Big East or now the American. I think Taggart will be solid as long as he continues to recruit well, keeps us competitive against our conference mates, and wins the conference every few years. Throw in some non-conference upsets, and the man will be peachy. Actually, he may not be coaching here, but that means he left the job in a better situation than he found it.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

he needs to compete for a conference championship next year

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

On.

The ridiculous expectations of this fanbase sicken me.  The cupboard was beyond bare(now made obvious by 50% of the 2-deep being Fr and So) when he got here.  Constantly changing coaches every 3rd year makes it impossible to build something.  Coach T is building something.

So you are saying that 50% of the 2 deep is guys that Skip brought in in his 2 years of recruiting and 50% is what Taggart brought in in 2 years of recruiting.  That is keeping in mind that Skip's first year he was brought in about 2 weeks before signing day.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This is an extremely weak conference. The bottom 7 teams in the AAC have ONE (1) non-conference victory against an FBS team through five weeks. If you can't put together a few wins this year then its time to start looking for a new coach (or a new gimmick to get people to attend games next year).

Stopped reading after your "fire if 2-10 this season comment". Ridiculous.

You are the problem with this fanbase.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3