• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

All I know is that, for the most part, I liked the play calling in the Wisconsin game. So if CWT is back to helping with play calling, it seems like he did pretty well.

I'm on the bus by the way, I have faith.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'd have to leave my seat to be off the bus.

Prudent.jpg

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

Our bus has had little to no maintenance for years and what little was done was completed, at times, by unqualified mechanics.

Kinda like when an older cousin passed me her car. With a limited budget I had to decide if I got a tune up, adjusted the alignment, fixed the oil leak or bought four new tires. Sold my buddies (without cars) on the idea that we could all work together to make it work for us. It took time and help but we finally got it running just fine.

So I am on the bus and chipping in for repairs.

If we are going by that analogy Skipper wasnt even driving

"GHOST RIDE THE WHIP BABY!! TWO MIL A YEAR TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

ghost-ride_zpsb693c545.jpg

I don't think we can lay this all on Skip. However he isn't here, Woolard isn't here and Judy seems to have gotten the message that phoning it in isn't acceptable any more. 

For my own sanity, I am focusing on the guys with the wrenches in their hands at the moment while trying to understand that this bus needs more that a simple oil change.

Hopefully I didn't carry that metaphor/simile too far. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

That lasted until the Maryland game when CWT took over and things got worse. He then said he would get more involved and we had the NCSt fiasco. I'm hoping the Wisconsin game was an example of him letting his OC be an OC.

You're the only one who is saying this that I've seen...what's your source?

I saw him calling plays in the Maryland game when Flowers came in.  After that game he was quoted as saying he was going to be "more involved" in the playcalling.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

That lasted until the Maryland game when CWT took over and things got worse. He then said he would get more involved and we had the NCSt fiasco. I'm hoping the Wisconsin game was an example of him letting his OC be an OC.

I saw him calling plays in the Maryland game when Flowers came in.  After that game he was quoted as saying he was going to be "more involved" in the playcalling.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/taggart-audibles-will-call-more-plays/2198354

Less than a month after relinquishing most play-calling duties to his offensive staff, Coach Willie Taggart said Thursday he'll have more input when the Bulls (1-2) host Connecticut (1-2) in both teams' American Athletic Conference opener Friday. 

Before the season, Taggart tabbed coordinator Paul Wulff and quarterbacks coach David Reaves to be the team's primary play-callers so he could focus on managing other facets of the game.

But with the Bulls' offense ranking near the bottom of Division I in multiple categories including pass offense (113th), total offense (113th) and scoring offense (96th), Taggart said he needs to step back into the decision-making process.

"I'm going to be a little more involved in (play-calling)," Taggart said. "I think all our guys do a good job of studying and putting the game plan together and they rely heavily on each other. But I'm getting back in it and I'm going to help out a lot to try and do what we can to get our offense going."

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I am on the Bus. I will always be on the Bus. Until there is a change in drivers. Then I am on that Bus.

As an Alumni I am for USF. My diploma does not change, so I do not change.

The more approiate question may be, "am I happy with the direction that the Bus is headed?"

And today with all the Freshman & Sophs playing significant minutes and we are competetive. I am Happy.

Will I be happy after EZU? Check back in.......

Oh Yeah, Tech is 4-0. Am I happy with Paul Johnson? Today I am. Up Next UMiami. We shall see......................

Ty

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Pro style will work but the guy is building from nothing. Imagine if we had guys who could catch.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I saw him calling plays in the Maryland game when Flowers came in. After that game he was quoted as saying he was going to be "more involved" in the playcalling.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/taggart-audibles-will-call-more-plays/2198354

Less than a month after relinquishing most play-calling duties to his offensive staff, Coach Willie Taggart said Thursday he'll have more input when the Bulls (1-2) host Connecticut (1-2) in both teams' American Athletic Conference opener Friday.

Before the season, Taggart tabbed coordinator Paul Wulff and quarterbacks coach David Reaves to be the team's primary play-callers so he could focus on managing other facets of the game.

But with the Bulls' offense ranking near the bottom of Division I in multiple categories including pass offense (113th), total offense (113th) and scoring offense (96th), Taggart said he needs to step back into the decision-making process.

"I'm going to be a little more involved in (play-calling)," Taggart said. "I think all our guys do a good job of studying and putting the game plan together and they rely heavily on each other. But I'm getting back in it and I'm going to help out a lot to try and do what we can to get our offense going."

Gotcha, thanks. I would note this doesn't actually say that he will be calling the plays game time...he's just involved in some way. Also I didn't notice him doing it for the Wiscy game (just his usual stony/creepy sideline stare), so maybe he's pulled out again.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm on the bus, I just wish someone would swap the cinder blocks for some tires. :ph34r:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Pro style will work but the guy is building from nothing. Imagine if we had guys who could catch.

We have 4 guys that proved they can catch (Davis, Adams, McFarland, Swanson), and 2-3 more that show they can if they're not under immediate pressure (Welch, Bronson, Price). If White continues to bring accuracy like that last game, we might just start putting up some nice numbers through the air...which opens up the Mack & Tice show.