• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT's Bus: who's on, off, undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

We had an offensive coordinator last year and Taggart still called the plays. Taggart will always be heavily involved in the offense, that's what he's "known for" and lives and dies by the great Power Run offense. 

To start the year he did say he would not be calling the plays and leaving that to Wulff and our WR coach, but pretty sure before last week he came out and said he would have a bigger role in that moving forward. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Never been a question about being on the bus.

The questions are how long will it take for the driver to get us there, are we on the highway or side streets and will the bus hold up along the way?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If the question is, do I support Taggart? Absolutely. He deserves at least 3, if not 4 years. Anyone who has called for his head to date is ridiculous.

Is he going in the right direction? I don't know. For every Maryland or Houston (2013) there is a NC State or Memphis that seems to kill that momentum.

We played well Saturday, but it was nowhere near amazing. I don't expect a bowl game, or major upsets. I just want to see an offense that can move the ball consistently. A defense that can put together a complete game. (And fans that don't sit here a pump up a moral victory)

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I'm on the USF bus, Willie just happens to be on it

This.

Yep, that sums it up for me.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

If the question is, do I support Taggart? Absolutely. He deserves at least 3, if not 4 years. Anyone who has called for his head to date is ridiculous.

Is he going in the right direction? I don't know. For every Maryland or Houston (2013) there is a NC State or Memphis that seems to kill that momentum.

We played well Saturday, but it was nowhere near amazing. I don't expect a bowl game, or major upsets. I just want to see an offense that can move the ball consistently. A defense that can put together a complete game. (And fans that don't sit here a pump up a moral victory)

I agree with pretty much everything here.

I would be more excited if we actually took Wisconsin down to the wire. We played one good half of football on defense. We had one decent drive on offense for about 40 yards resulting in a FG and a couple of other nice plays on offense.

I hate playing the "if only" game. Wisconsin can same the same thing. If Gordon doesn't fumble at the goal line and it is only 2nd fumble of his career the game is a blowout early, etc.

I think a bowl game is still reachable this year, but we need to see some consistent improved play. Not just a couple of plays per game.

I am on the bus about Taggart for this year. Still need to see how the year plays out and I am concerned about attendance. If product remains boring and no one shows that is a problem for his long term viability.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

HE IS HERE  too stay for years

we are better than last year but we are terrible

would i fire him? NO

HE DESERVES AT LEAST ONE MORE FULL YEAR but there must be improvement

I SEE real problems---white clearly panics under pressure

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Seated. Things are starting to click. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

I am on the bus, I just really hope that he gives up running the offense and just focuses on the CEO role. I'm not talking about playcalling, I'm talking about completely. Hire an offensive Coordinator and let him do the work.

Paul Wulff was hired back in January to be Offensive Coordinator. I assumed he's been calling the offensive shots..

That lasted until the Maryland game when CWT took over and things got worse. He then said he would get more involved and we had the NCSt fiasco. I'm hoping the Wisconsin game was an example of him letting his OC be an OC.

You're the only one who is saying this that I've seen...what's your source?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bus looks like it is stuck in traffic. But finally got out of the garage.