• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

MW is not a dual threat...

Then again, neither is Tom Brady.

Mike needs to keep working on being a single threat before he branches out into dual.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Solid analysis of White's last two games below, with pretty pictures to support.

@VoodooFiveSBN: USF Needs to Keep Mike White in the Pocket http://t.co/35MjHRWXnA

Very nice analysis.  This is a perfect example of Taggart not, to this point, making adjustments to his personell and instead trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  These are the types of adjustments that quality coaches make fairly quickly and aren't still attempting to do midway through the season.  Taggart what he believes is a perfect system and is trying to force players that aren't capable into running that system instead of making tweaks to be successful until he has the right players.  As demonstrated here, it isn't all that difficult to do both.  

I'm thinking a guy getting paid over $1mil per year ought to be able to build for the future while working with current personnel to be at least moderately successful in the interim.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I could have sworn I remembered MW completing at least one pass while rolling...I recall because I was just thinking how bad he was at that and then he did it and I grudgingly nodded approval at the TV.

Maybe it was the UConn game and I have them mixed up in my mind. Regardless, one completion isn't good, of course.

Yes, he hit a rollout pass on third down against UConn.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If I recall that play correctly, he rolled out and slowed down and almost planted his feet before that throw because it was a slow developing play (intentionally).  You would think this issue would have been identified in practice.  So either the coaches are dense or White is more patient in practice and more cognizant of planting his feet.  If that is the case it is more likely he can eventually work this out.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Great analysis.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Can USF Bulls Go Bowling With Mike White at QB?

So far, the answer is unequivocally, resounding, emphatically, NO.

http://aacfootballfever.com/can-usf-bulls-go-bowling-with-mike-white-qb/

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,045
  • Days Won:  38

Let's everyone complain about everything like a boss

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

MW is not a dual threat...

Then again, neither is Tom Brady.

And how is Brady doing behind a bad offensive line?

that was my point

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

The first thought is to look at White’s supporting cast, but there you will only find talent. Running back Marlon Mack is having a huge freshman campaign, with 536 yards and five touchdowns. There is a talented collection of receivers that will only get better when Andre Davis shakes off the injury bug, and the line has been doing a respectable job to keep White as clean as possible in the pocket.

Clearly this man has been looking only at statistics as opposed to watching the games. The blame can't be placed solely on White. The receivers drop the ball (sometimes even leading to a pick) almost as often as he messes up a throw. The OL has been looking better the past couple games but I wouldn't call the product over the course of the season as a whole 'respectable.' Mack is a great back for sure, but since his game against WCU, he's had one TD and is averaging 3.8 yards a carry. That's not necessarily his fault, but the writer makes it sound like all we need is a better quarterback whereas in reality, there needs to be better execution and fundamentals at all of the positions.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

The first thought is to look at White’s supporting cast, but there you will only find talent. Running back Marlon Mack is having a huge freshman campaign, with 536 yards and five touchdowns. There is a talented collection of receivers that will only get better when Andre Davis shakes off the injury bug, and the line has been doing a respectable job to keep White as clean as possible in the pocket.

Clearly this man has been looking only at statistics as opposed to watching the games. The blame can't be placed solely on White. The receivers drop the ball (sometimes even leading to a pick) almost as often as he messes up a throw. The OL has been looking better the past couple games but I wouldn't call the product over the course of the season as a whole 'respectable.' Mack is a great back for sure, but since his game against WCU, he's had one TD and is averaging 3.8 yards a carry. That's not necessarily his fault, but the writer makes it sound like all we need is a better quarterback whereas in reality, there needs to be better execution and fundamentals at all of the positions.

That site looks like an AAC only version of the early days of Bleacher Report .... Wouldn't put a whole of stock into it.