• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still in favor of Bench, mainly due to him being more mobile, but White did good today. If only our receivers could catch.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

white plays the underdog role well but he needed to make things happen in the second half

he wasnt even 50%

is he really the best we have?

He put up 173 yards through the air today. He had 181 against WCU. I have to think Wisky's D is better than WCU's.

Translation: white is getting better.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Who cares. Still does not make it a competent performance.

People can make any excuse about who we are playing or why we can't move the ball.

I didn't expect to win the game. Really didn't expect it to be more competitive than we were. I just have not seen anything from White that shows me he is a guy that will be able to consistently lead the offense down the field enough to win on a regular basis.

I am not going to get excited about a QB that is statistically the worst in the country. Hitting one or two long passes a game doesn't make him a winning QB.

I am trying to find something to point to that would make anyone look at White and feel comfortable that he can lead a team to victory. Even Julmiste could do enough with his legs to win enough for bowl gamrs.

We had that in Blackwell, Grothe, Daniels. I have not seen anything out of White that shows me is much better than Ronnie Banks.

Does White even throw for 1,000 yards this year?

Like I said, I get it, he may be the best we have on the roster. He just hasn't shown me anything to believe he is the guy that brings us a winner.

I don't know what you're looking for...if it's an acknowledgment that he's not a Heisman candidate, then ok. He's led us to two wins, so arguably he's a winner.

He's the guy this year. He's not fantastic; he's not outstanding; but if you haven't seen enough to think he can be a winner in this conference then maybe you should follow another team. Cause he's the guy.

Edited by NCBull

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We had two drops today. There are drops in almost every college game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Man, this board never ceases to amaze me with making lemons out of lemonade. If you saw White's performance today as anything other than an improvement, you need to spend the time & review videos of the season so far. His passes were 1000% more accurate, and his reads much better. I think he's coming out of the dark nicely.

Oh, and whoever mentioned about Adams not helping on that deep ball--go back & look again, that was the definition of pass interference. He'd have caught it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who cares. Still does not make it a competent performance.

People can make any excuse about who we are playing or why we can't move the ball.

I didn't expect to win the game. Really didn't expect it to be more competitive than we were. I just have not seen anything from White that shows me he is a guy that will be able to consistently lead the offense down the field enough to win on a regular basis.

I am not going to get excited about a QB that is statistically the worst in the country. Hitting one or two long passes a game doesn't make him a winning QB.

I am trying to find something to point to that would make anyone look at White and feel comfortable that he can lead a team to victory. Even Julmiste could do enough with his legs to win enough for bowl gamrs.

We had that in Blackwell, Grothe, Daniels. I have not seen anything out of White that shows me is much better than Ronnie Banks.

Does White even throw for 1,000 yards this year?

Like I said, I get it, he may be the best we have on the roster. He just hasn't shown me anything to believe he is the guy that brings us a winner.

You are right. White is trash.

(Sarc font)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

White played decent today. Still not convinced he's the future. I'm not just going to look at this start and convince myself he's anything better than we've seen thusfar

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

First, White had a pretty nice game today.  He only used the basketball bounce pass three or four times.  Threw some very nice balls.

But White isn't exactly Brett Hundley out there.  Let's not get too excited.  It's great to throw a nice ball when the OLine gives you eight seconds of complete peace.  But we aren't going to win a lot of games if he can't handle more pressure than he got today.

Second, my point the entire time is that when White was horrible, and he has been two of the three games this year, you have an option that can handle those situations so you should use it.  Personally I still think Bench is the better option right now, and Taggart is clearly sacrificing the right now for the future.  But even if that is your plan, there is no reason you can't win a game or two by letting White sit here and there when he is bowling instead of throwing passes.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We had two drops today. There are drops in almost every college game.

There were two huge very blatant drops today.  There were at least two or three others that should have been caught.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

How can anyone complain about White's completion percentage with all of the dropped balls that the WRs have had.  USFGrad84, you are making your assumptions about White 100% off of that one stat that was given to you by a TV announcer.  Did you sit in the rain and watch White's performance about UCONN?  Wet ball and every one of his passes were perfectly thrown.  Pay attention to how well this kid is doing and you too will see why his is our QB.  Today, White scrambled from one side of the field all the way to the other, and still there were no WRs open.  So, White threw the ball away.  I guess you'd count that as an inaccurate pass. 

White will grow up with this team and will be fine.  How many Seniors started today?