• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I've been a Mike White guy since I saw him play in his HS state championship game. He has definitely had me questioning him at times, but I think he is the guy and he will help get us some more W's on the schedule this year. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Not the most nimble QB in the pocket and that 300lb Wisky lineman almost chased him down when he was flushed out of the pocket.  White in the pocket with no pressure isn't too bad....BUT any pressure in the pocket and he doesn't seem to have real good pocket presence, doesn't really move up in the pocket to avoid pressure, kinda dances around.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698

White showed improvement. He can't throw on the run yet.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I don't get all the detractors on here. It's like we are viewing completely different things. I agree with you guys. White has looked pretty good out there. We just need consistent play from our receivers.

When do the fire CWT threads began today? I know they are coming.... Our fans can be the biggest assclowns sometimes.

I believe most of us on the board will be positive. Hard not to be after today. Young team making young mistakes. CWT doing things right. Let's hope we get things rolling in conference!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Not the most nimble QB in the pocket and that 300lb Wisky lineman almost chased him down when he was flushed out of the pocket. White in the pocket with no pressure isn't too bad....BUT any pressure in the pocket and he doesn't seem to have real good pocket presence, doesn't really move up in the pocket to avoid pressure, kinda dances around.

Nailed it. The kid can throw decent if the pocket is clean. Otherwise he's terrible. There has to be a better option for qb.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

Not the most nimble QB in the pocket and that 300lb Wisky lineman almost chased him down when he was flushed out of the pocket. White in the pocket with no pressure isn't too bad....BUT any pressure in the pocket and he doesn't seem to have real good pocket presence, doesn't really move up in the pocket to avoid pressure, kinda dances around.

Nailed it. The kid can throw decent if the pocket is clean. Otherwise he's terrible. There has to be a better option for qb.

Not now.

Bench doesnt have the accuracy. Wish White had the mobility of Bench.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

There are lots of better options. Unfortunately none of those players are on our roster.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

Not now.

Bench doesnt have the accuracy. Wish White had the mobility of Bench.

That would be a "Whench" and he'd be quite the player and an announcer favorite.

I can hear it now  "....that Whench is a real player"

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It's sad when our QB is 8 of 19, and that's OK.  We had SOME drops, but lots of errant throws.  But we didn't really establish the run game, and only completed 8 passes. THAT is why we had the ball 19 minutes.  Wiscy can't control the ball for 41 minutes if our O can sustain drives and get our minutes.

I do think White looked better than other games this year, and have hope that with good game plans, some blocking & better receiver effort (not just catching, but getting separation), he'll start putting up better numbers, which will in turn improve the run game.

Better times ahead for White, and therefor, our Bulls.