• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

There were not "lots of errant throws", Jup. You must not have been watching objectively. He missed on a few but most of those incompletions were drops or throwaways.

The kid is not perfect and he's as mobile as a crossing guard but he showed an accurate arm yesterday and in the UConn monsoon. Give him a break already.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

There are lots of better options. Unfortunately none of those players are on our roster.

I agree with this completely.  White is still ranked 117 out of 127 in FBS QBR and has the lowest completion percentage in all of FBS.  He wouldn't be a starter on any other FBS team. That should be nothing to cheer about but he seems to be the best that we have, that much is true.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

He is our guy....i dont care what anyone says, he throws a good ball when given time, the receivers need to help!!!

Yes!!! He is very accurate when given some time. Hard to find QBs like that. Just need that OL to keep getting better. Every since being called out, the OL has given White more time. Too bad we didnt have that during Maryand as we should have won that game. The OL gave that game away to Maryland. 

I've been a Mike White guy since I saw him play in his HS state championship game. He has definitely had me questioning him at times, but I think he is the guy and he will help get us some more W's on the schedule this year. 

I agree. I was sold on Mike White after watching that state HS title game too. It was not just for his acurate passes, but it was for his leadership. That kid talked to everyone on his team even the defensive players telling them to keep playing hard. You cant find many QB's like that these days. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

He is our guy....i dont care what anyone says, he throws a good ball when given time, the receivers need to help!!!

Yes!!! He is very accurate when given some time. Hard to find QBs like that. Just need that OL to keep getting better. Every since being called out, the OL has given White more time. Too bad we didnt have that during Maryand as we should have won that game. The OL gave that game away to Maryland.

No, its not hard to find qbs that are accurate when given time. Those are called high school quarter backs. Any decent qb best be accurate when given time or else its time for a new position or sport.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

There were not "lots of errant throws", Jup. You must not have been watching objectively. He missed on a few but most of those incompletions were drops or throwaways.

The kid is not perfect and he's as mobile as a crossing guard but he showed an accurate arm yesterday and in the UConn monsoon. Give him a break already.

+1 ... and need to add uncalled PI's to the drops and throwaways. The replays on the on-the-money bomb to Adams showed that his right arm was pulled before the ball got there.

+1 ... and need to add uncalled PI's to the drops and throwaways. The replays on the on-the-money bomb to Adams showed that his right arm was pulled before the ball got there.

Yes!! Even the ESPN announcers were saying that Wisc got away with that one. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm not picking on him, NC.  You posted a earlier that "we have lots of better options, just not on our roster".  Maybe you should give him a break.

I will rescind my comment about lots of errant throws, as I admit I was probably thinking about the bounce pass earlier in the game too heavily.  HIs passes to Welch (2), McF and Swanson were perfect, and his pass to Adams (the no PI call) was NFL level.

And, like you stated, he's likely our best choice on the roster. I even said it was his best game of the year, and I thought he was going to get even better.  Not sure why you think that's an assault on the guy.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

bth_jon-popcorn.gif

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

No, its not hard to find qbs that are accurate when given time. Those are called high school quarter backs. Any decent qb best be accurate when given time or else its time for a new position or sport.

Spot on !