• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

I can't handle 10 more days of this.  I hate bye weeks.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I can't handle 10 more days of this.  I hate bye weeks.

Are we boring you? :P

Actually, I've come to like the bye week to get me de-stressed about what to expect from the team. AND...no losses to fuel inane discussions.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

MW is not a dual threat...

Then again, neither is Tom Brady.

And how is Brady doing behind a bad offensive line?

that was my point

Thought you were saying that you can be a great QB without being a dual threat (which is true) and comparing White favorably with Brady. Read it wrong.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Solid analysis of White's last two games below, with pretty pictures to support.

@VoodooFiveSBN: USF Needs to Keep Mike White in the Pocket http://t.co/35MjHRWXnA

Very nice analysis.  This is a perfect example of Taggart not, to this point, making adjustments to his personell and instead trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  These are the types of adjustments that quality coaches make fairly quickly and aren't still attempting to do midway through the season.  Taggart what he believes is a perfect system and is trying to force players that aren't capable into running that system instead of making tweaks to be successful until he has the right players.  As demonstrated here, it isn't all that difficult to do both.  

I'm thinking a guy getting paid over $1mil per year ought to be able to build for the future while working with current personnel to be at least moderately successful in the interim.

Are you saying he should NEVER move the pocket? Suggesting that our O-line can stop any defense from crushing the pocket?

I agree that White's not very good at, but you gotta run them once in a while just to keep the D honest.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I miss Matt Grothe...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Solid analysis of White's last two games below, with pretty pictures to support.

@VoodooFiveSBN: USF Needs to Keep Mike White in the Pocket http://t.co/35MjHRWXnA

Very nice analysis.  This is a perfect example of Taggart not, to this point, making adjustments to his personell and instead trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.  These are the types of adjustments that quality coaches make fairly quickly and aren't still attempting to do midway through the season.  Taggart what he believes is a perfect system and is trying to force players that aren't capable into running that system instead of making tweaks to be successful until he has the right players.  As demonstrated here, it isn't all that difficult to do both.  

I'm thinking a guy getting paid over $1mil per year ought to be able to build for the future while working with current personnel to be at least moderately successful in the interim.

Are you saying he should NEVER move the pocket? Suggesting that our O-line can stop any defense from crushing the pocket?

I agree that White's not very good at, but you gotta run them once in a while just to keep the D honest.

I'm saying if you read the article you wouldn't be asking this question.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

And what do you measure "moderately successful" by?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

By height.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

By height.

Feet or meters?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

By height.

Feet or meters?

Hands.