• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

There were not "lots of errant throws", Jup. You must not have been watching objectively. He missed on a few but most of those incompletions were drops or throwaways.

The kid is not perfect and he's as mobile as a crossing guard but he showed an accurate arm yesterday and in the UConn monsoon. Give him a break already.

I'm not picking on him, NC. You posted a earlier that "we have lots of better options, just not on our roster". Maybe you should give him a break.

I will rescind my comment about lots of errant throws, as I admit I was probably thinking about the bounce pass earlier in the game too heavily. HIs passes to Welch (2), McF and Swanson were perfect, and his pass to Adams (the no PI call) was NFL level.

And, like you stated, he's likely our best choice on the roster. I even said it was his best game of the year, and I thought he was going to get even better. Not sure why you think that's an assault on the guy.

I didn't say it was an assault, just that you (or anyone) should be objective and give him a break. You admit it was unfair to say White had lots of errant throws in this game; case closed then and kudos for your doing just that.

I'll take the hit too for my overly saucy comment about off the roster guys, and apologize for it. I do just wish White we're a tad more mobile. Yet even then he did pick up at least one first down with his legs this past game, so I should cut him a break there too.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I get a little scared for him when he runs, sort of like I did for Eveld. He looks neither fast nor athletic, but credit him for doing it when he has to. I do hope he can work on that and become more comfortable with scrambling, for his sake and the team's.

Solid analysis of White's last two games below, with pretty pictures to support.

@VoodooFiveSBN: USF Needs to Keep Mike White in the Pocket http://t.co/35MjHRWXnA

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Fair analysis.  This is pretty much what we have been discussing.  With a perfectly clean pocket White is fine.  The one worrisome part, and the article picks up on it in the first paragraph, is that rolling out the QB and moving the pocket is a big part of Taggart's offense.  Either by eliminating the roll outs or just keeping White in the pocket to play to his strengths, it limits the offensive play calls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Fair analysis.  This is pretty much what we have been discussing.  With a perfectly clean pocket White is fine.  The one worrisome part, and the article picks up on it in the first paragraph, is that rolling out the QB and moving the pocket is a big part of Taggart's offense.  Either by eliminating the roll outs or just keeping White in the pocket to play to his strengths, it limits the offensive play calls.

I assume the game is still on ESPN3 and maybe we need to go back and see exactly how he did do when he was out of the pocket ...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

He was 0-7.  The article was a breakdown and comparison of White in the pocket vs out of the pocket.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

He was 0-7.  The article was a breakdown and comparison of White in the pocket vs out of the pocket.

Oops ... missed the article. Skimmed over it but didn't see where said how many of the 7 were drops ....  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

MW is not a dual threat...

Then again, neither is Tom Brady.

I could have sworn I remembered MW completing at least one pass while rolling...I recall because I was just thinking how bad he was at that and then he did it and I grudgingly nodded approval at the TV.

Maybe it was the UConn game and I have them mixed up in my mind. Regardless, one completion isn't good, of course.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

MW is not a dual threat...

Then again, neither is Tom Brady.

And how is Brady doing behind a bad offensive line?

• Upvote 1