• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

This is why Taggart stuck with White two weeks ago while we were all screaming for his head. 

That said...the next game is going to be the biggest of his (and Taggart's career). The one thing White hasn't done yet is come out and win a game in the fourth quarter. He has to do that against ECU. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

For some reason I felt better about this game than I do against ECU. 

But I am loving the accuracy and poise out of White. Still a few things to correct (dropped snaps, close intentional grounding, etc).

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

white plays the underdog role well but he needed to make things happen in the second half

he wasnt even 50%

is he really the best we have? 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I just don't see White as even a decent QB. Not really sure what you guys are looking at. He had two drops against him today. That still only gets him to barely a 50% completion rate.

He is accurate when there is a completely clean pocket. With our OL that happens may 3 times again. Like I said in other threads, I can see where he looks good in practice.

That would maybe even be acceptable if he was even a bit of a threat to run. That would make him at least multi-dimensional.

Today was arguably his best game and was still less than 50%

I get that he may be the best of our QBs on the roster. I just don't see us as a competent offense or a winning team with White at the helm.

I am not saying we would be any better with either of the others on roster. In my opinion Taggart needs a couple of GOOD Juco QBs next year for us to really turn the corner.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I don't know why Welch should ever see the field again.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why Welch should ever see the field again.

Agree. Anyone can run around and drop the ball a few times a game.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Just BOWL GAME baby

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

he gave me something to chew on so im now ok with white.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I just don't see White as even a decent QB. Not really sure what you guys are looking at. He had two drops against him today. That still only gets him to barely a 50% completion rate.

He is accurate when there is a completely clean pocket. With our OL that happens may 3 times again. Like I said in other threads, I can see where he looks good in practice.

That would maybe even be acceptable if he was even a bit of a threat to run. That would make him at least multi-dimensional.

Today was arguably his best game and was still less than 50%

I get that he may be the best of our QBs on the roster. I just don't see us as a competent offense or a winning team with White at the helm.

I am not saying we would be any better with either of the others on roster. In my opinion Taggart needs a couple of GOOD Juco QBs next year for us to really turn the corner.

You are aware we were facing a pass defense that had 9 sacks in three games and was top ten in the country coming in right?

Who cares. Still does not make it a competent performance.

People can make any excuse about who we are playing or why we can't move the ball.

I didn't expect to win the game. Really didn't expect it to be more competitive than we were. I just have not seen anything from White that shows me he is a guy that will be able to consistently lead the offense down the field enough to win on a regular basis.

I am not going to get excited about a QB that is statistically the worst in the country. Hitting one or two long passes a game doesn't make him a winning QB.

I am trying to find something to point to that would make anyone look at White and feel comfortable that he can lead a team to victory. Even Julmiste could do enough with his legs to win enough for bowl gamrs.

We had that in Blackwell, Grothe, Daniels. I have not seen anything out of White that shows me is much better than Ronnie Banks.

Does White even throw for 1,000 yards this year?

Like I said, I get it, he may be the best we have on the roster. He just hasn't shown me anything to believe he is the guy that brings us a winner.