• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS GUY HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED BY NOW.

Do you guys not understand the type of talent that he will recruit in our state?

Our practice facilities are top notch (though it wasnt reflected on the field, but thats on the coaching), Taggert is a Harbaugh-type coach who will get everything at practice.

He will be the only African American coach in a big FL school.

Hes young

Woolard,

I swear, if he doesn't end up being our head coach...

Serenity now. There is a process that must be followed.

What process.

Woolard: Willie, do you want to be the next head coach at USF. I'll pay you 1.5 million per year.

Willie: Yes. Sign me up.

(DW and WT shake on deal).

Yes it can be that easy. Deals get done this way all the time.

Why in the hell would we pay a Sun Belt coach $1.5 million?

He has not done anything at our level of football yet and many want to give him a $1.5 million salary?

If we get Taggart it had better be for $1 million or less.

Even if he really wants to be here...$1MM probably isn't going to cut it. Saying "he has not done anything at our level of football yet" is failed logic. If he had success at our level then he would be out of our price range or an older retread.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS GUY HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED BY NOW.

Do you guys not understand the type of talent that he will recruit in our state?

Our practice facilities are top notch (though it wasnt reflected on the field, but thats on the coaching), Taggert is a Harbaugh-type coach who will get everything at practice.

He will be the only African American coach in a big FL school.

Hes young

Woolard,

I swear, if he doesn't end up being our head coach...

Serenity now. There is a process that must be followed.

What process.

Woolard: Willie, do you want to be the next head coach at USF. I'll pay you 1.5 million per year.

Willie: Yes. Sign me up.

(DW and WT shake on deal).

Yes it can be that easy. Deals get done this way all the time.

Not the way USF does business.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Whatever we do, we better not sign anything more than 3 years, with NO EXTENSION unless we see signs of improvement with the program (particularly record, both overall and in-conference). if DW extends someone after a 1-win in conference record season, expect the brown bags to come out again

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I am sold on him, sounds like he is very diligent in game planning and prep

http://www.sbnation....gart-nick-saban

Good article. Tx for posting. I'm sold. Hope we get him.

Great read. Sign him now, please.

This is what we need...

Despite holding an overwhelming advantage in all possible categories, a team that’s never been to a Division 1 bowl game, with barely four recruiting classes as a FBS program, was able to expose major flaws in the in the best system in college football, and in just seven days.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Whatever we do, we better not sign anything more than 3 years, with NO EXTENSION unless we see signs of improvement with the program (particularly record, both overall and in-conference). if DW extends someone after a 1-win in conference record season, expect the brown bags to come out again

You have to give this guy 4-5 years, because honestly this recruiting season is toast unless its Taggart who can come in and save it as best as he can. USF needs to refill the recruits and this hire needs to follow the contract Charlie Strong was initially given from UL to rebuild the program.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you have to sign a guy for 4-5 years... You cant go into a recruits home and tell them you dont have a contract for the length of their college career.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, nothing wrong with an initial 4 (or 5 year) contract. Realistically you'll give the guy 3 years to sort it out anyway. The real goal is not to give out unwarranted extensions (see Holtz, Skip & O'Leary, George).

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

If that is the case it makes us look like a Mickey Mouse program. Not one of the other big time programs does that.

Hire him and if wants to coach the bowl game let him, but let him start recruiting and putting his staff together. Waiting just puts us behind in creating the staff and with his recruits.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

If that is the case it makes us look like a Mickey Mouse program. Not one of the other big time programs does that.

Hire him and if wants to coach the bowl game let him, but let him start recruiting and putting his staff together. Waiting just puts us behind in creating the staff and with his recruits.

I respectfully disagree with you.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This