• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, so, how many will be on suicide watch if we do not hire this guy?

Take a step back... there are some other really good coaches out there. If it's not Taggart, we'll be OK.

Take peace in this... Skip could end up at Arkansas State...

Anyone know if Skip gets another top coaching gig in NCAA if we get out of some of that buyout?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i asked Auman that

we pay holtz regardless of employment status

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

If that is the case it makes us look like a Mickey Mouse program. Not one of the other big time programs does that.

Hire him and if wants to coach the bowl game let him, but let him start recruiting and putting his staff together. Waiting just puts us behind in creating the staff and with his recruits.

Yep, you're wasting basically 3 weeks of putting your staff together, and identifying your recruiting targets. Makes zero sense, and would harm us. If you want to let him coach in the game fine, but I could give a rats furry behind about Western Kentucky, so you better have him focused on the job you're hiring him for.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

If that is the case it makes us look like a Mickey Mouse program. Not one of the other big time programs does that.

Hire him and if wants to coach the bowl game let him, but let him start recruiting and putting his staff together. Waiting just puts us behind in creating the staff and with his recruits.

What if that's what WT requested? Which, if that's the case, I would respect the hell out of both parties for doing that. I fully understand it would put us behind in some regards but if you think Willie is THE guy, you accommodate him.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What if that's what WT requested? Which, if that's the case, I would respect the hell out of both parties for doing that. I fully understand it would put us behind in some regards but if you think Willie is THE guy, you accommodate him.

absolutely. and how far behind really? dead period starts in a week or two. have him make contact with recruits(honestly there are only a few worth saving) and I'm sure he can work to setup his staff from kentucky. I'm sorry but unless you are in a bowl there is very little work for a coach to do right now.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

he didn't and we are not. if that was the case we wouldn't be interviewing someone else. Thats is unless you believe WT told Woolard to "go ahead and interview someone else so we can use it as a smoke screen" and Woolard, so infatuated with WT, decides to do that, because WT requested it.

absolutely. and how far behind really? dead period starts in a week or two. have him make contact with recruits(honestly there are only a few worth saving) and I'm sure he can work to setup his staff from kentucky. I'm sorry but unless you are in a bowl there is very little work for a coach to do right now.

Announcing his hire, and still letting him coach the bowl game while openly working on staff and recruitment is one thing. Delaying any official announcement and contract until after the bowl game is a whole different story, and completely "mickey mouse" to steal from another poster. He can't possibly have legitimate conversations with DC and OC candidates if they don't know he's officially signed. You risk losing good coordinators as well as recruits by doing this (for what? a meaningless exhibition game that we aren't even involved in).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Announcing his hire, and still letting him coach the bowl game while openly working on staff and recruitment is one thing. Delaying any official announcement and contract until after the bowl game is a whole different story, and completely "mickey mouse" to steal from another poster. He can't possibly have legitimate conversations with DC and OC candidates if they don't know he's officially signed. You risk losing good coordinators as well as recruits by doing this (for what? a meaningless exhibition game that we aren't even involved in).

oh I agree. you would need to announce it. I'm sure wku would want to find a new coach as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

he didn't and we are not. if that was the case we wouldn't be interviewing someone else. Thats is unless you believe WT told Woolard to "go ahead and interview someone else so we can use it as a smoke screen" and Woolard, so infatuated with WT, decides to do that, because WT requested it.

I'm not saying anything has happened, only IF that's how it played out, it doesn't mean we're a Mickey Mouse program for honoring his request ...

oh I agree. you would need to announce it. I'm sure wku would want to find a new coach as well.

Gotcha, I think the original strand started with someone saying we won't announce until after their bowl game, which is what I think some of us disagree with.