• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

"There are reports swirling that Western Kentucky’s head coach Willie Taggart may accept the position at the University of South Florida that became vacant when the University fired head coach Skip Holtz earlier this week."

http://www.thunderjags.com/

also:

"Names that have been mentioned as possible head coaches for Arkansas State are: Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, Texas’ Co-Offensive coordinator Major Applewhite, former University of North Carolina head coach Butch Davis and former University of South Florida head coach Skip Holtz."

the problem is we haven't seen anything saying that he has

There are times when deals are made without people talking about it. Any way, if it happens it happens, if not we move on. Not life or death.

+1

The fact that several media folks, including our own Greg Auman, have said that this is a much-sought after head coaching position makes me feel better (Todd Wright is a moron). I like Taggart, and if he's the pick, I'll be happy. But I don't think he's the only coach that can make us successful.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

"There are reports swirling that Western Kentucky’s head coach Willie Taggart may accept the position at the University of South Florida that became vacant when the University fired head coach Skip Holtz earlier this week."

also:

"Names that have been mentioned as possible head coaches for Arkansas State are: Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, Texas’ Co-Offensive coordinator Major Applewhite, former University of North Carolina head coach Butch Davis and former University of South Florida head coach Skip Holtz."

There are times when deals are made without people talking about it. Any way, if it happens it happens, if not we move on. Not life or death.

nobody knew wisky coach was going to arkansas. nobody knew rutgers and maryland were going big ten. same with pitt syracuse.

odds are if it's happening we don't hear about it before it actually happens.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

also:

nobody knew wisky coach was going to arkansas. nobody knew rutgers and maryland were going big ten. same with pitt syracuse.

odds are if it's happening we don't hear about it before it actually happens.

But the difference is, there is a lot of anticipation for this coach hiring. It is different when nothing is expected.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS GUY HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED BY NOW.

Do you guys not understand the type of talent that he will recruit in our state?

Our practice facilities are top notch (though it wasnt reflected on the field, but thats on the coaching), Taggert is a Harbaugh-type coach who will get everything at practice.

He will be the only African American coach in a big FL school.

Hes young

Woolard,

I swear, if he doesn't end up being our head coach...

Serenity now. There is a process that must be followed.

What process.

Woolard: Willie, do you want to be the next head coach at USF. I'll pay you 1.5 million per year.

Willie: Yes. Sign me up.

(DW and WT shake on deal).

Yes it can be that easy. Deals get done this way all the time.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Do you guys not understand the type of talent that he will recruit in our state?

Our practice facilities are top notch (though it wasnt reflected on the field, but thats on the coaching), Taggert is a Harbaugh-type coach who will get everything at practice.

Hes young

Woolard,

What process.

Woolard: Willie, do you want to be the next head coach at USF. I'll pay you 1.5 million per year.

Sure, It's that easy...

There are still a couple major jobs out there. Jobs much better than USF. Maybe he's asking for time.

Or is that too logical?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Wow, so, how many will be on suicide watch if we do not hire this guy?

Take a step back... there are some other really good coaches out there. If it's not Taggart, we'll be OK.

Take peace in this... Skip could end up at Arkansas State...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hes young

Woolard,

What process.

Why in the hell would we pay a Sun Belt coach $1.5 million?

He has not done anything at our level of football yet and many want to give him a $1.5 million salary?

If we get Taggart it had better be for $1 million or less.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

maybe tenn should give skip a call

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Hes young

Woolard,

What process.

Why in the hell would we pay a Sun Belt coach $1.5 million?

He has not done anything at our level of football yet and many want to give him a $1.5 million salary?

If we get Taggart it had better be for $1 million or less.

what? lol you pay him $1.5 because that's a fair offer for the position. min would be like $1.2 with an asst. pool of about 700k

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Hes young

Woolard,

What process.

Sure, It's that easy...

There are still a couple major jobs out there. Jobs much better than USF. Maybe he's asking for time.

Or is that too logical?

that's exactly what should happen, the fact that it hasn't(and come on guys it hasn't) makes you wonder.