• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

I see it happening on the 20th or 21st of December since the University shuts down for two weeks. It will be hard for USF to put together a top rate presser without a marketing dept or support staff to make it happen.

He seems to be intent on coaching their Bowl game, only reason for my prediction.

Assuming we hire Taggart and pass on other bigger name coaches.

I think we have a good shot at getting a big name coach since most of the other vacancies have been filled.

:huh:

You know he's always good for those kinds of posts.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'd hope if he were going to come here he'd do it sooner than later. We'd need him on the recruiting route asap.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I think we have a good shot at getting a big name coach since most of the other vacancies have been filled.

Which big name coaches are you talking about? You need to get more realistic about USF's position.

And the main openings now are Tennessee and Wisconsin.... Taggart is now in the top 3 for both of those positions and if we want him we have to more than likely wait for those to fill.

Taggart wants to coach in the WKU bowl game... it wouldn't surprise me if we know before then but I wouldn't be shocked if an official announcement isn't made till 12-27-2012.

Edited by Southshore26

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Which big name coaches are you talking about? You need to get more realistic about USF's position.

And the main openings now are Tennessee and Wisconsin.... Taggart is now in the top 3 for both of those positions and if we want him we have to more than likely wait for those to fill.

Taggart wants to coach in the WKU bowl game... it wouldn't surprise me if we know before then but I wouldn't be shocked if an official announcement isn't made till 12-27-2012.

couldn't ne announce and still coach bowl? dead period starts soon. gives wku time to find replacement as well.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not being sarcastic but please show me where he is the top 3 for those 2 programs. How can you sell this guy that much to such big fan bases? I mean he is pure potential but potential goes both ways.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Woulard has only hired one football coach at this level and he botched that hire. It's critical this gets done right and ASAP.

Holtz/coaches/players botched that hire. You won't find 1 in 10 in the college football world that think that was a bad hire at the time ...

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

I think the announcement will be made Dec.26 at the earliest, 27th at the latest.

I see it happening on the 20th or 21st of December since the University shuts down for two weeks. It will be hard for USF to put together a top rate presser without a marketing dept or support staff to make it happen.

He seems to be intent on coaching their Bowl game, only reason for my prediction.

:huh:

You know he's always good for those kinds of posts.

Actually, after reading it several times, I see what he meant .... and that scares the **** out of me.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it was a good hire that failed miserably.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

couldn't ne announce and still coach bowl? dead period starts soon. gives wku time to find replacement as well.

He could. However, would WKU let him? Best case would be to hire him and have him start right away. If he insists on coaching he bowl game (normally I would object but his alma mater and their first ever bowl game so I kind of get it) then announce now and have a couple of the staff members he is bringing down get working in the recruiting so that he can run with it when the bowl game is done. All provided he is the next coach.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'd hope if he were going to come here he'd do it sooner than later. We'd need him on the recruiting route asap.

This.