• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

it was a good hire that failed miserably.

Wondering what the motives are of people who don't think this.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Assuming we hire Taggart and pass on other bigger name coaches.

I think we have a good shot at getting a big name coach since most of the other vacancies have been filled.

Which big name coaches are you talking about? You need to get more realistic about USF's position.

And the main openings now are Tennessee and Wisconsin.... Taggart is now in the top 3 for both of those positions and if we want him we have to more than likely wait for those to fill.

Taggart wants to coach in the WKU bowl game... it wouldn't surprise me if we know before then but I wouldn't be shocked if an official announcement isn't made till 12-27-2012.

couldn't ne announce and still coach bowl? dead period starts soon. gives wku time to find replacement as well.

He could. However, would WKU let him? Best case would be to hire him and have him start right away. If he insists on coaching he bowl game (normally I would object but his alma mater and their first ever bowl game so I kind of get it) then announce now and have a couple of the staff members he is bringing down get working in the recruiting so that he can run with it when the bowl game is done. All provided he is the next coach.

I would hope they let him. no sense leaving on bad terms. they can't fault him for taking another job. personally i don't see what's wrong with letting them coach their bowl games before leaving. i get they need to set up staff and contact recruits but just delegate both at the new place and old. let guys help run practices and set up shop.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Days Won:  12

so this exists:

https://twitter.com/CoachTaggartUSF

(yes, it is a parody acct)

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I would hope they let him. no sense leaving on bad terms. they can't fault him for taking another job. personally i don't see what's wrong with letting them coach their bowl games before leaving. i get they need to set up staff and contact recruits but just delegate both at the new place and old. let guys help run practices and set up shop.

I agree with you; honestly, I have no problem with him doing both jobs until WKU finishes their bowl game. I've continued to work for previous employers for months after I already transitioned into a hire paying job just to ease the transition. Heck, I've done it at no cost to the former employer, as well, just to maintain good terms. There's no way that he can't work on recruiting and staffing while still preparing a bunch of teenagers to throw/run a ball around a field. Leave some staff there to run practices, fly to tampa and do what you need to do and fly back to WKU when you need to do it. With the money that is involved in something like this, a few extra plane trips should be no problem.

Edited by Raetus

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Assuming we hire Taggart and pass on other bigger name coaches.

I think we have a good shot at getting a big name coach since most of the other vacancies have been filled.

Which big name coaches are you talking about? You need to get more realistic about USF's position.

And the main openings now are Tennessee and Wisconsin.... Taggart is now in the top 3 for both of those positions and if we want him we have to more than likely wait for those to fill.

Taggart wants to coach in the WKU bowl game... it wouldn't surprise me if we know before then but I wouldn't be shocked if an official announcement isn't made till 12-27-2012.

couldn't ne announce and still coach bowl? dead period starts soon. gives wku time to find replacement as well.

He could. However, would WKU let him? Best case would be to hire him and have him start right away. If he insists on coaching he bowl game (normally I would object but his alma mater and their first ever bowl game so I kind of get it) then announce now and have a couple of the staff members he is bringing down get working in the recruiting so that he can run with it when the bowl game is done. All provided he is the next coach.

I agree in principle, but that COULD, not would lead to improprieties. I like the idea I saw on a WKU board, make the time between the regular season and bowl games a dark period. There's really no easy answer.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Here is why you go after Taggart and give him 3 to 4 years, recruiting who comes back into picture with him as coach.

Rodney Adams - UCF lean who is interested in WKU

JoJo Kemp - Right now trying to find a serious offer other than USF - Pitt, Neb, UK, WVU (RB is filled so little chance)

Ashantii Woulward - Right now still a NC St lean but would need to be a more dual threat then he is now, and with Taggart he has Harbaugh ties (and you can see his dad is driving the bus kinda like Tayh Boyd a few years ago)

Jeff Badet - reenters the picture because UL only has a few spots to fill and once James Quick commits hes out anyways

Nigel Harris -

Tsumbai Johnson - reenters picture with Butch Jones gone

Janarion Grant - who I hope ends up at WVU because I see a lot of TY Hilton in him

Add in some kids that are UCF commits

This is the type of talent Taggart will be pulling in and rebuilding on, its never going to be the top unless USF gets a better spot in ACC (Big East 2.0) but its going to be solid

Edited by jvwvu
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

Here is why you go after Taggart and give him 3 to 4 years, recruiting who comes back into picture with him as coach.

JoJo Kemp - Right now trying to find a serious offer other than USF - Pitt, Neb, UK, WVU (RB is filled so little chance)

Ashantii Woulward - Right now still a NC St lean but would need to be a more dual threat then he is now, and with Taggart he has Harbaugh ties (and you can see his dad is driving the bus kinda like Tayh Boyd a few years ago)

Jeff Badet - reenters the picture because UL only has a few spots to fill and once James Quick commits hes out anyways

Nigel Harris -

Janarion Grant - who I hope ends up at WVU because I see a lot of TY Hilton in him

This is the type of talent Taggart will be pulling in and rebuilding on, its never going to be the top unless USF gets a better spot in ACC (Big East 2.0) but its going to be solid

He also has a 4 star Ot from ft myrs committed to him. Seems like hell come along. Really shows how bad things were here if we were losing highly ranked recruits to minnows like WKU.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

ill still take Woulard over Sandberg

AW is an athlete, Sandberg is a athletic hard nose QB. How bad was AW ankle anyway?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

I also think he snags a 4 or 5 star RB right away.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Nigel Harris -

He also has a 4 star Ot from ft myrs committed to him. Seems like hell come along. Really shows how bad things were here if we were losing highly ranked recruits to minnows like WKU.

Remember the difference between WKU and USF is conference and Big East does not accept prop 48s, alot of the reason why Boise St gets good players who are really bad students.