• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realignment USF to...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Big12 seems unlikely. Im thinking ACC or B1G.

No way on B1G; we're not even an AAU university yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm still hoping for an Ivy League invite...

We're gonna OWN those guys.

Since, in 2014, there are no more AQ conferences and everybody will have a better chance for playing for the MNC, I was going to agree with you ..... until i realized that the Ivy is FCS. Sunbelt could work, though.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Lets just create our own league with Florida schools only... :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I can see the Big 12 taking us and U of L. Why wouldnt they? We are in a big market, our fan base continues to grow at a large rate, and we have proven to be able to beat more storied programs. We bring a lot to the table. Sometimes I think the mindset of our fans is the problem. Some of our fans still look at us as this small time program that isnt worthy of being in one of those conferences. We are now considered a big time program (We are in an AQ conferences, whats left of the AQ at least), so its time for some of our fans to act like it.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Is it finally safe to say (once you filter out the noise) the Big12 is going to expand eventually and wants a Florida school. FSU is preferred for obvious reasons but USF would be acceptable to at least some members? It seems if something gets repeated enough times it validates that idea.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

this is ridiculous...

i'm pretty sure if this went down there would be ENORMOUS lawsuits against ESPN, B12, ACC others

Under what circumstances? Monopoly?

colusion

monopoly

I think it would become a government issue if ESPN killed off a MAJOR conference. NCAA is tax exempt and i don't think they should be. At this point it is a full blown business.

Can you tell me where to go to buy stock, I want to get in early

Why do all rumors orginate in the hills of WV? Is it that they have nothing better to do?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

potter-wtf-sex.gif

Can we just start the season!!!!!!

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think the Big XII is stable. Texas was trying to get into the Pac12. Rumors were of Texas and OU trying to get into Pac12 and bring TXTech and Oky State with them.

From what I saw on one of the boards linked in this thread, those Big XII fans do not think highly of USF. One poster said Texas would jump ship if they had to play an infant D1 school like USF every year.

Big XII is controlled by Texas and OU and everyone else is put in their place, part of the reason A&M left to escape Texas' control of the league, there is very bad blood between the two university's now, apparently Dodds has said he would never schedule A&M again after the events that lead up to the move to the SEC. Also Texas tried to strong arm (bribe?) Texas Tech into playing a game aired on the Longhorn network, were Texas Tech's opponent (not Texas) from a smaller conference had made a deal to air their games on the network. Texas Tech held and said they would cancel the game if it wasn't moved to a different network. I really don't think the grass is greener in the Big XII. We would be the bottom there in league decisions and respect. In the BEast from what I've seen we have a lot of influence within the conference and its direction. Maybe the money and stability aren't yet there, but I really don't think the Big XII is stable in the long term either. If the Pac12 wanted to expand I think Texas and OU would be first pick and willing. Pac 12 rumors were that they rejected expansion because they were satisfied with their revenue and they could not agree with Texas on distribution of media rights, as Texas wants higher revenue vs the rest of the conference, and to have their own independent network and not share the revenues with the league. Their network has so far been a failure, no providers want to get anywhere near it because they are likely to lose more subscribers than they would gain if they offer it.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

WHOA! Guy is going crazy with speculation. Wouldn't surprise me it was all true, or false. If Big East teams stand firm and none leave ESPN is f'd and I think the Big East knows it.