• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realignment USF to...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I'm still hoping for an Ivy League invite...

We're gonna OWN those guys.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Will get more statewide and nationwide if it's FSU at Texas.

For the next few years. But that wasn't the discussion anyway. This was USF in comparison to a team like UConn, or any other team not already in the ACC. What if FSU isn't available, how many better markets than USF still available?

I get your point, but I think we disagree on how much of this market we actually capture. I don't think USF captures enough eyeballs in the Tampa Bay market as one might think. I think we have the potential to capture it, but it all hinges on success on the field and if we can keep progressing as a program. cmhatter nailed it when he basically said market is secondary to viewership.

You also have to consider not just the games against Texas, but what about USF at Baylor? USF at Texas Tech? USF at Iowa State? Do you think those will garner viewers like the games against Texas, OU, etc.?

It doesn't have to be eyeballs that see USF as their primary team. There will be and continue to be more and more eyeballs just because they keep hearing about USF. I'd wager USF has much higher TV ratings in Tampa now than five years ago, and will have many more in five years.

You only need a fraction of the Tampa market to have more eyeballs than a rabid Idaho State market, for example.

I hope you're right, but it's like I said ... we have to keep winning. We keep putting up mediocre records and continue to founder in conference play, everything you just said is down the drain. You can bet any consideration of USF in realignment is worried about the exact same thing.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818

I really think this is BS. But it's funny to see how clueless WVU fan is. Why would you want USF? Why wouldn't you want one of the biggest TV markets in the US?

Then again, I need to remember that was a WVU board. ;)

(Cue our requisite appearance from jvwvu to explain to us what is reall going to happen)

Other thread and my choices for Big 12 expansion is 1 FSU, 2 Maryland, 3 USF, 4 UL (but if not FSU, USF becomes 1 to get a presence in Florida)

This has to do with TV money and ESPN, as stated in other thread.

That's freaking creepy ... :o

He has some sort of radar embedded in his brain...

Have you ever seen Data and jvwvu together in the same place? Maybe Data is actually jvwvu in disguise? Like Batman!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

I am not sure they need a presence in FL, but it certainly helps. There is a great recruiting base in Texas and some of the teams have done well without the FL presence.

With Texas A&M's move, more Texas recruits will probably start going to the SEC, even for teams other than the Aggies. Adding a Florida school would help compensate for the loss, and balance things out a little in conference competition.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

7 days and a wake up. PLEASE GET HERE!!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I truly believe that because the Fsu/Clemson deal fell though, us and Louisville are the backup plan.

I've always thought that FSU/Clemson to the B12 was speculation, but did I miss something? Where did anything "fall through?"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I truly believe that because the Fsu/Clemson deal fell though, us and Louisville are the backup plan.

I've always thought that FSU/Clemson to the B12 was speculation, but did I miss something? Where did anything "fall through?"

Get that nonsense out of here ....

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I do think the big12 needs a Florida presence and with fsu and MIAMI turning them down we become the next target.

Sure they do. Would certainly help recruiting for all of the teams in the league and Texas could also try to land their Longhorn network for new cable subscribers.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

Get that nonsense out of here ....

Yup. I just read on Twitter that FSU/Clemson are both going to the Mountain West, UF and LSU are taking their ACC slots and USF and Temple are going to the SEC. It's true I tell you.. I read it on Twitter!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

How much $$ does FSU get in the ACC vs how much would they make in the Big12? If it's the same or comprable FSU wouldn't leave to play tougher opponents every year.

USF would be a logical 2nd choice. IMO.