• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential OC candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I just can’t watch the triple option…I just can’t…

I would love if we became the Ga Tech of the south.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

29 minutes ago, hm101 said:

i wonder how ole miss fans are feeling

Reading some comments on their 247 board, there's a mix of upset fans and trying to rationalize why it's a good hire.

A lot of finger pointing at Strong destroying the team, Scott being our real problem, and that we didn't have a QB for him to work with. On them pointing to Scott as the problem, we're still trying to figure out where the problem actually resides, how could fans of another team know? On the QB point, I'd argue there was QB talent that wasn't utilized properly.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

lots of sons of coaches i see

14 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

not such a bad idea

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

25 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Reading some comments on their 247 board, there's a mix of upset fans and trying to rationalize why it's a good hire.

A lot of finger pointing at Strong destroying the team, Scott being our real problem, and that we didn't have a QB for him to work with. On them pointing to Scott as the problem, we're still trying to figure out where the problem actually resides, how could fans of another team know? On the QB point, I'd argue there was QB talent that wasn't utilized properly.

I think it's more of  them trying to justify the hire in their minds. Any shortcoming would, of course, be blamed on lack of tools, direction, etc., etc...  As much as we questioned a 20-something coming to run our offense, imagine what fans of a SEC team feel? 

I hope he succeeds, regardless.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I think it's more of  them trying to justify the hire in their minds. Any shortcoming would, of course, be blamed on lack of tools, direction, etc., etc...  As much as we questioned a 20-something coming to run our offense, imagine what fans of a SEC team feel? 

Watched a lot of football the past week or two.  Seems there are a lot of young coaches and OCs in college and the pros. Weis Jr did well at FAU.  But, then, there is a difference between Conf USA and the SEC. Nice kid, don't wish him ill. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Record wise we already are🤷‍♂️. Also, Tech no longer runs the option and they are already in the south 😀

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Watched a lot of football the past week or two.  Seems there are a lot of young coaches and OCs in college and the pros. Weis Jr did well at FAU.  But, then, there is a difference between Conf USA and the SEC. Nice kid, don't wish him ill. 

That is my thought, not going to root for him however not going to root against him, he no longer matters. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Weis had Kiffin at FAU. Kiffin is a very good offensive mind so Weis is prob like the Asst. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

plus he wont have an experienced qb

i didnt want to fire weiss but the qb didnt improve and our offense play calling was weak and bizarre at times. i am happy he is gone but of course i wish him well

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Ok you get your New Years wish.... PRESTO!!!! We are now the Ga Tech of the south...we shall be called USF of the southerly region.  🧙‍♂️