• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential OC candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Scott should bring in the best available candidate that will be able to utilize the talent on hand to produce an offense that will allow this team to win as many games as possible.  His future more than likely depends on it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Got to start somewhere, so why not USF? He was one of the key USF Bulls that helped put USF Football on the map when he beat Pitt. 

Ugh…another “let’s hire someone because they were successful at USF.” Stop living in the past. Just because someone is a good salesperson does not make them a good sales manager. Blackwell has no OC experience and has only worked for small programs (Houston is the biggest). Pass on this idea. 

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Scott should bring in the best available candidate that will be able to utilize the talent on hand to produce an offense that will allow this team to win as many games as possible.  His future more than likely depends on it.

+1000

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

What about.... now work with me.... pull Rich Rodriguez from a crappy HC job

this would work

scott needs a name or a successful coach

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And Brian Gregory was on the same team as David Robinson at Annapolis.  Just saying that being on a team that won some games doesn't make you a great coach. Not hijacking since this is about football OC but wanted to point that out.  Heck, we already have BJ Daniels in house if we want to go former QB route.

Blackwell has more coaching experience than BJ. Plus he was one of the players that got to experience the miracles coming from the coaching staff working in the USF Ponderosa. I believe Blackwell has done well at Houston in his coaching career so I don’t really see your argument.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

12 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Blackwell has more coaching experience than BJ. Plus he was one of the players that got to experience the miracles coming from the coaching staff working in the USF Ponderosa. I believe Blackwell has done well at Houston in his coaching career so I don’t really see your argument.

neither has the experience to be oc now

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ugh…another “let’s hire someone because they were successful at USF.” Stop living in the past. Just because someone is a good salesperson does not make them a good sales manager. Blackwell has no OC experience and has only worked for small programs (Houston is the biggest). Pass on this idea. 

+1000

You are missing the point. Blackwell is just not any former USF player. He was one of the USF pioneers for football so that holds water in my book. I also will add that Scott missed an opportunity to hire one of the Verpaeles. USF football needs to get back to their roots and stop forgetting where they started. And yes USF struck out a few years ago by not rehiring Leavitt and going with an unproven head coach.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

You are missing the point. Blackwell is just not any former USF player. He was one of the USF pioneers for football so that holds water in my book. I also will add that Scott missed an opportunity to hire one of the Verpaeles. USF football needs to get back to their roots and stop forgetting where they started. And yes USF struck out a few years ago by not rehiring Leavitt and going with an unproven head coach.

Ugh…you think these guys have magic dust from the USF past to sprinkle and make things better. Sorry, I’ll pass on USF retreads we need to think bigger and better than that. That’s fine as a position coach but Scott needs a home run hire or he is out. There is no way he is going to take a chance on a coach like Blackwell. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

neither has the experience to be oc now

Stop acting like USF is some kind of powerhouse football program right now because the reality is that we are not. You think USF football would of ever got invited to the Big East if they didn’t take a chance on basically most of their inaugural coaching staff?  Scott knows offense so I’m not too worried about how much OC experience the new hire will have. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ugh…you think these guys have magic dust from the USF past to sprinkle and make things better. Sorry, I’ll pass on USF retreads we need to think bigger and better than that. That’s fine as a position coach but Scott needs a home run hire or he is out. There is no way he is going to take a chance on a coach like Blackwell. 

I’m just gonna add that Blackwell would be better off waiting until the next OC opportunity opens up at USF and believe me there will be plenty more opportunities in a few years. 

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m just gonna add that Blackwell would be better off waiting until the next OC opportunity opens up at USF and believe me there will be plenty more opportunities in a few years. 

I am fine with him replacing BJ or put him in another position and then shift him over. But I doubt he would leave a good thing at Houston to come here in that capacity.