• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential OC candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Side Note: Certainly, has been quiet regarding any poss OC rumors or ??? Wary Wary Quiet....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Side Note: Certainly, has been quiet regarding any poss OC rumors or ??? Wary Wary Quiet....

Right... I mentioned this last night. I didn't listen to the VPMK podcast but can't imagine he would be the one to address it.  I would think this would come straight from CJS. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

IT may me hard to find someone with experience that needs to save the offense or risk getting fired in one or two years. Find the right guy but the sooner the better . How was Weiss on the recruiting trail? Any big fish he specifically hooked to the horns?

Edited by Outlaw

5 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

Reading some comments on their 247 board, there's a mix of upset fans and trying to rationalize why it's a good hire.

A lot of finger pointing at Strong destroying the team, Scott being our real problem, and that we didn't have a QB for him to work with. On them pointing to Scott as the problem, we're still trying to figure out where the problem actually resides, how could fans of another team know? On the QB point, I'd argue there was QB talent that wasn't utilized properly.

The qb  recruiting and schemes are on Weiss and Scott.  The playcalling and refusing to build a better scheme  and use more motion plays to take advantage of our speed and smaller players on Weiss.   I thought Weiss would succeed here based on his time at fau. So was it Kiffin making Weiss look good or cjs holding him back? The game management and lack of development  on the oline and qbs I put on both. So it is hard to tell who was holding back the offense Scott the miraculous co-oc who became coach without ever calling plays or designing an offense or Weiss  who had success at Fau and landed a power 5 offensive coordinator  job at a top 25 program where he will call plays and run the whole offense ? Let me know what you guys think. Weiss got a huge promotion  eitherway for running a lackluster offense here. He has named recognition from his daddy and is friends/familiar with Kiffin from their success at Fau.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Any updates? Has anyone been contacted or mentioned at all?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He has named recognition from his daddy and is friends/familiar with Kiffin from their success at Fau.

So silly.  The head coach at SF 49ers also living on daddy's name?  Kubiak the coordinator with the Vikings, living on daddy's name?  I guess everybody that ever followed their father's footsteps is living on daddy's name whether it's a coach or a shoe shiner.  You guys should stop.  I am glad Weiss won't have to hear this from TBP anymore.

Just there being an end to these stupid comments (by a couple people) should raise the overall value of the message board.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

So silly.  The head coach at SF 49ers also living on daddy's name?  Kubiak the coordinator with the Vikings, living on daddy's name?  I guess everybody that ever followed their father's footsteps is living on daddy's name whether it's a coach or a shoe shiner.  You guys should stop.  I am glad Weiss won't have to hear this from TBP anymore.

Just there being an end to these stupid comments (by a couple people) should raise the overall value of the message board.

Who did he prove over the last two years here he deserves a big promotion? The question is was it Scott or him the reason the offense didn't work or both?

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Right... I mentioned this last night. I didn't listen to the VPMK podcast but can't imagine he would be the one to address it.  I would think this would come straight from CJS. 

Yeah or sneaky media rumors or campus sightings

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

IT may me hard to find someone with experience that needs to save the offense or risk getting fired in one or two years. Find the right guy but the sooner the better . How was Weiss on the recruiting trail? Any big fish he specifically hooked to the horns?

I'm sure the history at usf doesn't give a lot of potential candidates a warm feeling re: security. Strong bringing in K Bell(who had a job-Valdosta) into a failed offense then both getting the boot the next year. sad to say, USF may me a hard sell. Of course, there's money but weis was making 350k that may not be enough of an inducement. Appears we have a $3.5mil asst salary pool

Ran across an interesting OC tidbit. Appears that ucf paid shanahan a million bucks. Highest paid G5 coordinator. I think their asst pool is pretty hefty too. I think old Gus will do well there. I also think he is prob QB shopping. Use this coming year as a tune-up year and then head on over to the B12 and presto! your back in the P5 relevance.