• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential OC candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am fine with him replacing BJ or put him in another position and then shift him over. But I doubt he would leave a good thing at Houston to come here in that capacity. 

Replacing BJ? Where is he going? Hopefully USF doesn’t get rid of BJ. I want to see USF start looking at the people that helped build the program and will have some long term loyalty. I’m sorry but CWT is one of the reasons we are where we are. I can’t blame him for jumping ship to better opportunities but it hurts when we drop the ball by changing his whole offense up. As soon as Charles Strong said he planned on slowing the offense down I knew we were screwed

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Replacing BJ? Where is he going? Hopefully USF doesn’t get rid of BJ. I want to see USF start looking at the people that helped build the program and will have some long term loyalty. I’m sorry but CWT is one of the reasons we are where we are. I can’t blame him for jumping ship to better opportunities but it hurts when we drop the ball by changing his whole offense up. As soon as Charles Strong said he planned on slowing the offense down I knew we were screwed

I was saying replace BJ in terms of QB development which MB has more experience…BJ can be tried at another position. In terms of long term loyalty the only loyalty is the all mighty dollar. None of these guys will stay. CFB is all about getting yours while you can. A few may wait but everyone eventually leaves. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was saying replace BJ in terms of QB development which MB has more experience…BJ can be tried at another position. In terms of long term loyalty the only loyalty is the all mighty dollar. None of these guys will stay. CFB is all about getting yours while you can. A few may wait but everyone eventually leaves. 

Sad but true. It was not always like this but now I wouldn’t blame anyone for exercising their freedom to watch out for themselves since so many coaches get about a year or two before the boosters call for their heads. This brings us back to Leavitt as he was very loyal to USF since he was one of the major pioneers. I believe Blackwell had a coaching job at USF years ago before jumping to UF for a better opportunity. So USF would have to offer a better position than  what he already had before.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

NEB , if someone can coach QBs it’s BJ Daniels. He actually had playing time in the NFL, MB didn’t. Who I’d really like to be on this staff is Shawn King.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

NEB , if someone can coach QBs it’s BJ Daniels. He actually had playing time in the NFL, MB didn’t. Who I’d really like to be on this staff is Shawn King.

I’ll take Shawn if get you get rid of BJ. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Scott will get a G5 or FCS OC he needs someone with experience at position now. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll take Shawn if get you get rid of BJ. 

Why all the hate on BJD?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Why all the hate on BJD?

No hate I just don’t want to see a whole bunch of past coaches/players on the team when there are better alternatives.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No hate I just don’t want to see a whole bunch of past coaches/players on the team when there are better alternatives.

Who says that they wouldn’t be great on staff together? Get Auggie back in there too while you’re at it. I’d bet he’d kill it on the recruiting trail. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Who says that they wouldn’t be great on staff together? Get Auggie back in there too while you’re at it. I’d bet he’d kill it on the recruiting trail. 

Ugh…stop being a homer and get coaches who have experience and can get the job done.