• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Contract extension

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, WWMJD said:

The “sure” part is where you lose me.

If you alter the contract to be more beneficial to USF.  I don’t see how that’s hard to understand.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you alter the contract to be more beneficial to USF.  I don’t see how that’s hard to understand.  

That does not sound like what’s being talked about here (which I hope is just a baseless rumor). There is nothing beneficial to commuting more years to a coach who has bombed on the field. I can’t believe people could possibly point to the lack of a salary increase as a benefit. If you want to talk about renegotiating, come talk to me when he wants to take a pay cut for next year to prove himself. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

If you are okay with Spencer being fired, then there's no reason you should be okay with a contract extension for the head coach now.

Either 2ish seasons is enough to judge a coach or it's not.  Either COVID and its aftermath, conference realignment, transfer portal rule changes, tough schedule, etc are all valid reasons for our bad record...or they're not.

You can't say best is the standard, we need a need voice on defense.... and then turn right around and say 3 wins in two years earns you an extension.

This rumor has to be nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think it matters what the stated reason is, there can’t be a justifiable one

This

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

Giving anyone an extension with 1 FBS win and a 3-18 record in two seasons  is literally insane. IF anything to make up for his lost "15%" add a "15%" per year bonus every year he takes us bowling on his current contract with a built in optional  extension  from USF with back to back bowling seasons with his current salary plus "45%" if he goes bowling for three straight years.  If he fails out which is more likely than not at this point, we owe him the same if we part ways with  him.  I hope he turns it around and succeeds, but nothing in the last two years have shown he is close to going bowling. Getting blown away by Tulane was all the proof I needed. Our recruiting is is the bottom of the conference, the player development is terrible, the schemes run on offense and defense do not put our players in the best chance to succeed, it took him 2 whole seasons to identify he had an issue in an assistant coach/DC, play calling has cost us games, but the only thing I have liked about him he is getting the university to financially support athletics.  Jeff Scott please prove me wrong and turn around this dumpster fire. We have won the same amount of games in two seasons as the team he inherited did in one year in the prior regimes worst season (I disliked Strong). 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704

Jeffy boy hasn’t even won a road game yet and there is already a rumor about a contract extension? Now I have heard everything 😂

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

USF needs to forget about Scott's contract and splurge on this DC hire. Get a new OC while they are at it. You're next Scott. Spend wisely. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Brad said:

BTW, this has been a tough season.  We have not been able to enjoy @puc86 in his full splendor....I would extend him for that reason alone.  The losing sort of dampened his interaction.  It wasn't his fault...

I made the mistake in another thread of not immediately recognizing sarcasm so I shan't make that mistake again. You're kidding, right? Puc's interaction is only heightened by the losing ....... so much so that since there's no more losses on the field to drive him, he starts this gem of a thread to keep that "interaction" going.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,345
  • Days Won:  10

This thread:

1137136416_deweybeats.jpg.a89e181ca5e23fb17fbe612519a15ea1.jpg

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

12 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Jeffy boy hasn’t even won a road game yet and there is already a rumor about a contract extension? Now I have heard everything 😂

I heard he is up for the Notre Dame job.....................! :facepalm:

• Haha 1