• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Contract extension

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

One extra year with no raise wouldn't bother me.  But as others have said, this could get done at the end of next season just as easily.  Unless he wins 9 games next year and beats one of the "big" teams on the schedule I don't see the harm in waiting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

One extra year with no raise wouldn't bother me.  But as others have said, this could get done at the end of next season just as easily.  Unless he wins 9 games next year and beats one of the "big" teams on the schedule I don't see the harm in waiting.

With all the unknown details about this maybe thing happening, it's kind of hard to assess anything about it. With what was lost last year, along with the NCAA sanctions Chuck gifted us, wouldn't surprise me if something is in the works ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ramble on all you want but you said it could ONLY hurt us and there's absolutely no way to determine that at this point, with all the unknowns surrounding this..... and before you twist any more words, I'm not saying that it's beneficial to extend at this time, IF it even happens, just that it's not the freaking Doomsday Scenario you're whining about.

Sorry you are correct it could potentially be net zero or it could hurt us but there is no scenario where it is of benefit to us. VPMK is not CJS’ agent and should be acting in our interest which is why you shouldn’t make a move that is all risk and no reward, especially one that is three years away from being entirely necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

With all the unknown details about this maybe thing happening, it's kind of hard to assess anything about it. With what was lost last year, along with the NCAA sanctions Chuck gifted us, wouldn't surprise me if something is in the works ....

But why rush? What potential benefit does that bring to USF?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

coach of team A tells a recruit "Oh you wanna go to USF? They suck, if you go there they'll end up firing their coach after your freshman year"

now Jeff Scott can dispute that credibly and show he just got extended so his job is secure

• ???? 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think I'll wait to see if it does happen and the reasoning behind it .....

14 minutes ago, bulloni said:

coach of team A tells a recruit "Oh you wanna go to USF? They suck, if you go there they'll end up firing their coach after your freshman year"

now Jeff Scott can dispute that credibly and show he just got extended so his job is secure

He already has a contract through their junior year

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think I'll wait to see if it does happen and the reasoning behind it .....

That’s a fair approach, I just found it too bizarre not to discuss. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s a fair approach, I just found it too bizarre not to discuss. 

The rumor definitely came out of left field ......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

In what way was this season shortened for CJS? We have already done far too right by CJS we need to look out for #1 and if we can’t manage to do that then we need to stop telling us about how we don’t have enough money laying around. Maybe just maybe if you didn’t set it on fire trying to be nice there would be more money.

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

You know how those "rumors" can fly around accurate or not. I do believe we had full spring in 2021 and we played all of our schedule in 2021 w/o much conversation relating to virus problems. So, I'm more about last year being the gimme. But, ( and..I'm not on a Fire CJS rant) our season was a bust. 1 conference win. Yes, we had some good moments against teams but then couldnt close it out. Lost to teams we should have beat. That's a problem. If, CJS has to do a massive reload in the off season it could go one of 2 ways-If we are 2-3 wins at the end of next season?? Not good Not good at all..BUT time will tell

2021, although more normal than the 2020 season, was still not "normal" in the pre-COVID world.  Although less than 2020, spring and summer were still significantly limited by COVID protocols... in-person recruiting for the 2021 class was prohibited, so all recruiting was video and watching tape.  Hence 2021 was more like 2020 than it was like 2019 or before.

The reason for the extensions, as I see it, is because fans like you are holding CJS to the pre-COVID standards... rather than simply ignoring the results from last season completely and treating this year like a partial first year.

I understand why some people feel it's not the right time... but I fully understand why USF might want to do this.  It makes sense to me.

• ???? 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

2021, although more normal than the 2020 season, was still not "normal" in the pre-COVID world.  Although less than 2020, spring and summer were still significantly limited by COVID protocols... in-person recruiting for the 2021 class was prohibited, so all recruiting was video and watching tape.  Hence 2021 was more like 2020 than it was like 2019 or before.

The reason for the extensions, as I see it, is because fans like you are holding CJS to the pre-COVID standards... rather than simply ignoring the results from last season completely and treating this year like a partial first year.

I understand why some people feel it's not the right time... but I fully understand why USF might want to do this.  It makes sense to me.

Do you know how many coaches have been fired in the past two years including us just firing the DC who came in and faced the exact same adversity as CJS? No one actually believes the nonsense that Covid means certain people couldn’t perform to the smallest of standards while others were able to flourish, they just say it because it’s a convenient and pervasive excuse. That being said how is that important to why you can’t see what happens in year three when you have three full partial years to decide if you really want to give a sub .150 coach a seven year contract for no apparent or justifiable reason. People wonder why we have no money, it’s not that we haven’t had any at all times it’s because we invent new ways to waste any penny we get in and then ask for three more.

• Like 1