• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point Spread vs. Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

You probably also didn't see that practices and routines and spring ball were a bit different this year. Sheez.  There is no reason, with mostly the same players as last year and not a real practice off season, to think we're going to come out like the greatest show on turf in game 1.  

I would agree which is why I would have like to have seen us work on it a bit more in live action, so we could progress. I did not see anything that pointed to regression but I certainly did not see anything in this facet that pointed to improvement which others are claiming to have seen (but most of the evidence seems to be I did not actually see anything either but I am going to assume it is improved since they did not actually show us anything). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

I would agree which is why I would have like to have seen us work on it a bit more in live action, so we could progress. I did not see anything that pointed to regression but I certainly did not see anything in this facet that pointed to improvement which others are claiming to have seen (but most of the evidence seems to be I did not actually see anything either but I am going to assume it is improved since they did not actually show us anything). 

We suuuuck until we don't don't

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Unfortunately, hopefully it is time to get to the don't because being the suck part is starting to suck. I do believe that there were things we saw that point to improvement and I want to get excited with everyone else but when it comes to the passing game I am sorry but that is one area where I do not think anyone is going to convince me we saw tangible improvement on Saturday. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The USF way

Or the DEL way

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

To me this was the most encouraging to see on Saturday.  Few penalties equals discipline on both sides of the ball.  Something we haven’t seen in a long time.  Discipline is a great foundation to build on.  Who can remember when Taggart was trying to run his offense in the first year?  I swear there was a motion or false start on just about every other snap.

That was ridiculous, he had so much movement prior to the snap.  I remember Sean Price going up down, back and forth, then up and down etc..he was exhausted before they ever even snapped the ball.  That power offense was straight trash.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That was ridiculous, he had so much movement prior to the snap.  I remember Sean Price going up down, back and forth, then up and down etc..he was exhausted before they ever even snapped the ball.  That power offense was straight trash.

The best part was the only creativity demonstrated was in the movement before the snap and I guess it was supposed to create confusion but the only people that ever seemed confused by it were on our side of the ball. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

I actually thought the offensive game plan was decent. Late replacements on the OL, which reduces the amount of work they had together and the level of coordination between them. Run blocking is easier than pass blocking so an inexperienced line that has not played together before should do a lot of running plays. In addition, both QBs are not that familiar with the offense and they need to obtain confidence in their OL. They also need to obtain confidence in the play selection. Short passes which have a high probability of completion allows QB confidence and OL pass blocking skills to develop. That the OL needs to work on blocking is evident by the way the OL underperformed when Marsh was in the game late. This is pretty much what we saw in this game. I expect the team do a few more long passes but still keep a primarily short passing game against ND. We might see a couple more slants but the game will be mostly short passes and running.  I have always thought that a good OC develops their game plan around the strengths and weaknesses of their team while calling plays that minimizes weaknesses and develops strengths. This is pretty much what CCW was doing.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We face better competition in practice. Really didn't make sense to risk anything against Citadel, especially with 3 starting OL out. If they miss the game against ND we will lose by 35. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

47 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If they miss the game against ND we will lose by 35. 

Epic