• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point Spread vs. Notre Dame

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Buller64 said:

I actually thought the offensive game plan was decent. Late replacements on the OL, which reduces the amount of work they had together and the level of coordination between them. Run blocking is easier than pass blocking so an inexperienced line that has not played together before should do a lot of running plays. In addition, both QBs are not that familiar with the offense and they need to obtain confidence in their OL. They also need to obtain confidence in the play selection. Short passes which have a high probability of completion allows QB confidence and OL pass blocking skills to develop. That the OL needs to work on blocking is evident by the way the OL underperformed when Marsh was in the game late. This is pretty much what we saw in this game. I expect the team do a few more long passes but still keep a primarily short passing game against ND. We might see a couple more slants but the game will be mostly short passes and running.  I have always thought that a good OC develops their game plan around the strengths and weaknesses of their team while calling plays that minimizes weaknesses and develops strengths. This is pretty much what CCW was doing.

What?  A rational analysis on the Bullspen?  Away with ye Satan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

We face better competition in practice. Really didn't make sense to risk anything against Citadel, especially with 3 starting OL out. If they miss the game against ND we will lose by 35

Based on @BDYZRs post and the rec and wellness center is closed there may not be a game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What?  A rational analysis on the Bullspen?  Away with ye Satan.

I almost labeled it OT

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I would agree which is why I would have like to have seen us work on it a bit more in live action, so we could progress. I did not see anything that pointed to regression but I certainly did not see anything in this facet that pointed to improvement which others are claiming to have seen (but most of the evidence seems to be I did not actually see anything either but I am going to assume it is improved since they did not actually show us anything). 

Glasses Seinfeld GIF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

From the ND side, they ran a very conservative gameplan. They were expecting rain and the three best WRs never stepped on the field. 
One of those WRs won’t be back for another month, one is back and starting against USF and the third is expected to get his first snaps against USF.

BK made it sound like they were going to play a lot of guys on offense against USF, which could aid in keeping the game closer than expected. He mentioned playing all five RBs too.
On defense I wouldn’t expect to see AA Kyle Hamilton play. They said he is day to day in a walking boot and will take it off Wednesday to see if he is ready. BK also mentioned playing a lot more LBs and DBs against USF. Last week ND played 11 DL and 7 LBs against Duke, so they are rotating a lot on defense. ND actually missed a lot of tackles early that led to Duke points. Also had a few first time LBs overrunning every play and way too jacked up for the opener. I would expect the D to be better game 2.
Tommy Rees, the new OC, is a two TE, run the ball, throw screens and safe passes type of coordinator. So I don’t see ND scoring 40+ in games like the past few seasons unless the defense helps. On special teams both the kicker and punter are solid. The freshman returner is fast. Had the fastest 55m time in the country last year and won fastest man contest two years in a row at the Opening Finals. High risk, high reward as a return man. 

I see ND playing a lot of players and working on things, so maybe a 37-13 type of game. Unless the defense gives up garbage points late. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Glasses Seinfeld GIF

I know this will be shocking but actually hate Seinfeld and I’m pretty sure I’ve never actually made it through a full episode 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know this will be shocking but actually hate Seinfeld and I’m pretty sure I’ve never actually made it through a full episode 

Well that makes my post even sweeter now doesn’t it...😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

12 hours ago, AF1618 said:

From the ND side, they ran a very conservative gameplan. They were expecting rain and the three best WRs never stepped on the field. 
One of those WRs won’t be back for another month, one is back and starting against USF and the third is expected to get his first snaps against USF.

BK made it sound like they were going to play a lot of guys on offense against USF, which could aid in keeping the game closer than expected. He mentioned playing all five RBs too.
On defense I wouldn’t expect to see AA Kyle Hamilton play. They said he is day to day in a walking boot and will take it off Wednesday to see if he is ready. BK also mentioned playing a lot more LBs and DBs against USF. Last week ND played 11 DL and 7 LBs against Duke, so they are rotating a lot on defense. ND actually missed a lot of tackles early that led to Duke points. Also had a few first time LBs overrunning every play and way too jacked up for the opener. I would expect the D to be better game 2.
Tommy Rees, the new OC, is a two TE, run the ball, throw screens and safe passes type of coordinator. So I don’t see ND scoring 40+ in games like the past few seasons unless the defense helps. On special teams both the kicker and punter are solid. The freshman returner is fast. Had the fastest 55m time in the country last year and won fastest man contest two years in a row at the Opening Finals. High risk, high reward as a return man. 

I see ND playing a lot of players and working on things, so maybe a 37-13 type of game. Unless the defense gives up garbage points late. 

Thanks for the information. I like that ND is set up for more of a grinding offense, I think that will actually give us a better chance of making it close. We just don't have a lot of depth on defense, so that could be problematic. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

Hot take: we will see USF score on a bomb vs ND. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That was ridiculous, he had so much movement prior to the snap.  I remember Sean Price going up down, back and forth, then up and down etc..he was exhausted before they ever even snapped the ball.  That power offense was straight trash.

and supplemented by a complete lack of defense and insanely high score lines haha... what a time