• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point Spread vs. Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Let me give you another example. Strong.  'nuff said.  He hated offense and defense equally.

My interest in the subject has as much to do with the defense appearing better with the departure of the defensive coach as it does with the defense appearing to have progressed more than the offense under an offensive coach. It’s just an interesting result that would be outside of what I think would be the expected one.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

My interest in the subject has as much to do with the defense appearing better with the departure of the defensive coach as it does with the defense appearing to have progressed more than the offense under an offensive coach. It’s just an interesting result that would be outside of what I think would be the expected one.

CJS is sandbagging, he did not want to show ND the goods and is assuming they will be overlooking us.  He will unleash fire a fury like you have never seen this Saturday, buckle up little camper.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In what regard? In our game last year against an FCS opponent we seemed to have no problem running rickshaw through their defense, the one area of that seemed to hold us back last season was the passing game, it is the same area that has been CJS’ area of expertise for his entire career and it did not show anything that could have been mistaken for improvement in the first game. I am not expecting a miracle but there should be an improvement that you don’t have to squint your eyes and turn your head to an exact angle to see and pretty much any coaching staff could put up 100yds of passing against an FCS opponent and go to ND and get blown out. If we can’t do those things it doesn’t mean CJS is garbage and will never work out but it certainly means there is no tangible evidence of anything that anyone can even pretend is improvement. People are being dishonest and saying they see things simply because it is what they want to see not because of anything that has actually happened, that people don’t want to pretend along with them does not necessarily make them bad people.

Please give me a game last year where we rushed for over 300 yards. Please give me a game last year when we had three RBs over 50 yards. In terms of passing, did you see all three QBs? In terms of passing did you see every play in the playbook? In terms of passing did you see the first TD throw? Take your Jim Leavitt **** and get the **** out of here. There is a new great coach in town. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

CJS is sandbagging, he did not want to show ND the goods and is assuming they will be overlooking us.  He will unleash fire a fury like you have never seen this Saturday, buckle up little camper.  

From your lips to G-d's ears

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'll worry about our passing attack when we show it and it fails.  We had maybe 2 passes over 15 yards the whole game.  

Scott gave ND very little about that side of the offense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Clearly our chances against ND are between slim and none and I am talking about covering the point spread. A good butt whipping against ND may be a perfect set up before playing FAU. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'll worry about our passing attack when we show it and it fails.  We had maybe 2 passes over 15 yards the whole game.  

Scott gave ND very little about that side of the offense. 

I agree. I had a similar thought. Why go for an Air show when you don't need to and don't want to give ND any game tape to study. We have a short window where everything about our program is under wraps. Might as well relish it. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

From your lips to G-d's ears

In all honesty I just assumed with three o-line starters out and our success running the ball, then why throw it and risk a QB going down from a missed assignment or show our hand for next week’s opponent.  I don’t know what we have if anything yet like most but I simply wanted a good effort, disciplined play with a decisive win and we got that.  

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please give me a game last year where we rushed for over 300 yards. Please give me a game last year when we had three RBs over 50 yards. In terms of passing, did you see all three QBs? In terms of passing did you see every play in the playbook? In terms of passing did you see the first TD throw? Take your Jim Leavitt **** and get the **** out of here. There is a new great coach in town. 

ECU? ECU again (well one was a QB but still pretty close). No I clearly have not seen the entire play book but I expected to see us working on this area of need just a smidge more in the first game. I appreciate your feedback but I plan on staying for a while and I do hope CJS ends up our greatest coach to date, that does not mean that I have to pretend to have seen it in the passing game against Citadel. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Puc secretly wishes we had this guy back.

image.gif