• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point Spread vs. Notre Dame

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Which is interesting since we fired a “defensive” coach and replaced them with an “offensive” coach.

Surprisingly the new head coach brought in a new DC.  That happens sometimes.  🙃

I am definitely not the most negative person on here any longer.

• Haha 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

I am actually rewatching the game now because I was kind of drunk and had like 20 people over keeping me distracted. But from what I did see Saturday, our best chance of keeping this game close is our defense. Our offense just isn't going to be a 35 point per game group, which is where we will need to be if our defense plays like last years'.

Another thought would be that with the addition of Cade Fortin, possibly our passing game comes more alive. 

Was it me or did Cade not get any snaps? I thought they were going to run through all three QBs on saturday. By the end of the game I was a little tipsy so I may have missed it lol. 

What is everyone doing to watch the ND game? My brother is a big ND fan. So is my Mom and Sister. We are all going to his house. I am taking my tailgate trailer over there. My buddy, dad and a few other Bulls fans are setting up camp at his house. We will be tailgating all day and watching the game from the TV on my trailer. It would be nice for a win because I have had 9 years of bragging rights. I feel at this point it is expiring. lol. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Surprisingly the new head coach brought in a new DC.  That happens sometimes.  🙃

I am definitely not the most negative person on here any longer.

Yes of course but having the person on top be more passionate about one side of the field vs the other would have an expected result of the most improvements on that side of the ball. Let me just pick a random example of CJL’s time here, certainly it appeared pretty obvious which side of the ball was his passion no matter how many times we switched coordinators the offensive side of the game was always pretty clearly an afterthought.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

Was it me or did Cade not get any snaps? I thought they were going to run through all three QBs on saturday. By the end of the game I was a little tipsy so I may have missed it lol. 

Dude you need to put the bottle down before the kickoff. It was announced 30 minutes before KO Cade was not going to be playing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude you need to put the bottle down before the kickoff. It was announced 30 minutes before KO Cade was not going to be playing. 

HAHAHA.. Sorry we were at a friends house. Hell our broadcast didnt start until almost the end of the 1st quarter because the game before went long. Also my son takes my phone sometimes to play so I got no updates. 

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Which is interesting since we fired a “defensive” coach and replaced them with an “offensive” coach.

Well our offense is also significantly better than last year as well...so your slight toward CJS does not work. Also, don’t be coming on here saying that he sucks after ND kicks our ass as the talent level is not even close. 

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes of course but having the person on top be more passionate about one side of the field vs the other would have an expected result of the most improvements on that side of the ball. Let me just pick a random example of CJL’s time here, certainly it appeared pretty obvious which side of the ball was his passion no matter how many times we switched coordinators the offensive side of the game was always pretty clearly an afterthought.

Me thinks someone is jealous that we have a coach that is about to put Coach Slappy in the rear view mirror in USF coaching history. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Let me give you another example. Strong.  'nuff said.  He hated offense and defense equally.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Well our offense is also significantly better than last year as well...so your slight toward CJS does not work. Also, don’t be coming on here saying that he sucks after ND kicks our ass as the talent level is not even close. 

In what regard? In our game last year against an FCS opponent we seemed to have no problem running rickshaw through their defense, the one area of that seemed to hold us back last season was the passing game, it is the same area that has been CJS’ area of expertise for his entire career and it did not show anything that could have been mistaken for improvement in the first game. I am not expecting a miracle but there should be an improvement that you don’t have to squint your eyes and turn your head to an exact angle to see and pretty much any coaching staff could put up 100yds of passing against an FCS opponent and go to ND and get blown out. If we can’t do those things it doesn’t mean CJS is garbage and will never work out but it certainly means there is no tangible evidence of anything that anyone can even pretend is improvement. People are being dishonest and saying they see things simply because it is what they want to see not because of anything that has actually happened, that people don’t want to pretend along with them does not necessarily make them bad people.