• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Knows....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,288
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Maybe just the wrong place.

Maybe he played too much Golf

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

So he decided not to recruit here but apparently is recruiting at La Tech and did at ECU, and all because of Judy?  Sorry Im having a hard time buying that.

The blame on Judy is due to the academic committee that could deny admittance to student athletes that were trying to enroll after signing loi's. This really hurt the basketball programs. I remember some of Stan Heath's biggest recruiting coups not being able to get in, but were eligible immediately at schools like Ohio state and uf. Every other school allows players in who meet lower entrance requirements than what the general student body needs, except usf at this time period. 

What I referred to about Skip Holtz was his choice to golf instead of attending the biggest recruiting event that the school hosted as one of his first actions after being hired. 

Edited by BayIslandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Two that I can remember, we lost an offensive lineman to L'ville and a 6'10" MBB player to Oregon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Two that I can remember, we lost an offensive lineman to L'ville and a 6'10" MBB player to Oregon.

Waverly Austin to Oregon was the only one I remember Stan losing but it was a huge loss in many aspects ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Waverly Austin to Oregon was the only one I remember Stan losing but it was a huge loss in many aspects ....

The O lineman was Kamran Joyer.  Was about to move into the dorm and was told he was ineligible.  Ended up going to L'ville.  Never made an impact.  His younger brother went to UF and played fullback.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Maybe that has a little to do with it, but sounds more like an excuse.  Judy was here when Willie was here, and he did a pretty good job with recruiting.   He just didn't seem very competent as a Coach while he was here.  And it just got worse as time went on.  

I'm sure its alot easier to compete at the La Tech competition level then it is here.  There has got be a reason why he hasn't gotten promoted to a better job in all these years.

He stated in an interview that he was getting too old to keep moving around. He just wanted stability. I think Taggart and Jim Levitt are on the same path. Even if you get paid well, nobody wants to keep moving around. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Jeremy Bentham would be so proud 

And John Stuart Mill!!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He stated in an interview that he was getting too old to keep moving around. He just wanted stability. I think Taggart and Jim Levitt are on the same path. Even if you get paid well, nobody wants to keep moving around. 

Willie walking to his computer to check to see if there are any new job offers after two weeks at FAU:

excited music video GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

And John Stuart Mill!!

Mill would not consider the pleasure I bring to be valuable enough, when you opine about college sports there is a limit to the quality of the utility you can bring regardless of how much of it you can contribute. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Mill would not consider the pleasure I bring to be valuable enough, when you opine about college sports there is a limit to the quality of the utility you can bring regardless of how much of it you can contribute. 

If you are providing the greatest amount of happiness to the greatest amount of bullspenners then I would say he would be quite pleased.