• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Knows....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

how to beat Miami.

LA Tech 14  Miami 0

LA Tech first 10 win season in 25 years and they just won their 6th straight bowl. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

how to beat Miami.

LA Tech 14  Miami 0

LA Tech first 10 win season in 25 years and they just won their 6th straight bowl. 

Yeah, I've actually been posting this on the State of Florida board, since I didn't want to get called out again for putting something in the wrong place.

But yes, Skippy has quietly has been successful at La Tech.  Good for him.  I had no idea that this was 6 bowl wins in a row for ole Skippy, quite incredible really.

He also did pretty well at ECU before coming here.  It makes you wonder why it didn't work for him here.  Maybe just wrong place at the wrong time, I don't know.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

I'm happy for Skip . And especially happy that he put a Zip on the canes 😄

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

how to beat Miami.

LA Tech 14  Miami 0

Miami...talk about a team of underachievers. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah, I've actually been posting this on the State of Florida board, since I didn't want to get called out again for putting something in the wrong place.

But yes, Skippy has quietly has been successful at La Tech.  Good for him.  I had no idea that this was 6 bowl wins in a row for ole Skippy, quite incredible really.

He also did pretty well at ECU before coming here.  It makes you wonder why it didn't work for him here.  Maybe just wrong place at the wrong time, I don't know.

All about Judy. I promise you, Skip doesn’t have the recruiting restrictions at LaTech as he did here. All about preeminence with Judy. He was the one that got away.

Edited by jchem1995
  • Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Miami...talk about a team of underachievers. 

Talk about a program that has gone from HERO to ZERO.

I know its been a while, but they were the scariest team to play against back in the 80's, 90's and into early 2000's.  They most likely never make it back to their glory days.  

I say demote Miami to the AAC and promote the USF/UCF combo to the ACC.  Two FL programs either on the rise or pretty much already there, while the Miami program is on a downward spiral.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

All about Judy. I promise you, Skip doesn’t have the recruiting restrictions at LaTech as he did here. All about preeminence with Judy. He was the one that got away.

They were particularly tough on academics while he was here.   

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

My understanding was that he hated it here

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Maybe that has a little to do with it, but sounds more like an excuse.  Judy was here when Willie was here, and he did a pretty good job with recruiting.   He just didn't seem very competent as a Coach while he was here.  And it just got worse as time went on.  

I'm sure its alot easier to compete at the La Tech competition level then it is here.  There has got be a reason why he hasn't gotten promoted to a better job in all these years.