• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Knows....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And then amazingly it wasn’t, almost like cause and effect.

Not right off the bat. Skip only got two signing classes and churned out 3 NFL players. There must have been some sort of change at the school years after xCJL was gone. There's really not any discernible drop after he was fired. Both guys were sending about 1.5 players per year into the NFL.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not right off the bat. Skip only got two signing classes and churned out 3 NFL players. There must have been some sort of change at the school years after xCJL was gone. There's really not any discernible drop after he was fired. Both guys were sending about 1.5 players per year into the NFL.

Would make more sense if Leavitt wasn’t doing it as FCS, Independent and CUSA half the time. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Would make more sense if Leavitt wasn’t doing it as FCS, Independent and CUSA half the time. 

So you're saying xCJL was only as good a recruiter as the things he had no control over? That his numbers would be higher? Or that if the other guys got to recruit for a a school with an automatic tie in they'd be doing better? 

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

So you're saying xCJL was only as good a recruiter as the things he had no control over?

No I’m saying that your argument that it was exclusively the big East doesn’t hold water because CJL was able to get FCS kids drafted and I assume some people think the AAC is better than the FCS.

Just now, puc86 said:

No I’m saying that your argument that it was exclusively the big East doesn’t hold water because CJL was able to get FCS kids drafted and I assume some people think the AAC is better than the FCS.

Eh... Skip Holtz got 5 CUSA players drafted. I'm not impressed.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Doesn't take 2 of you ...... You should draw straws.

If this place wasn’t crawling with heretics there may only be need for one of us but as it is this would almost be impossible for just two people to handle if it were not for the fact we are guided by right.

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Eh... Skip Holtz got 5 CUSA players drafted. I'm not impressed.

Some people never will be.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

As of 2018, the number of pro football players by school show that USF and La Tech had the same number - 10.  Having a hard time breaking it down by year graduated.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters

Here's a fun site. You can search on draft picks by college.  From 2014 - 19 USF had 8 people drafted and La Tech had 10.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=S&collegeName=South+Florida&abbrFlag=0&type=school

So maybe the recruiting isn't all that horrible since he's recruiting into a lesser conference.

That's eye-opening that La Tech had more drafted than us over that time period. 

Skip recruited poorly while here though. He left Taggart with very little to work with. Not sure why he is having more success at La Tech than here, but he sucked here IMO.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

That's eye-opening that La Tech had more drafted than us over that time period. 

Skip recruited poorly while here though. He left Taggart with very little to work with. Not sure why he is having more success at La Tech than here, but he sucked here IMO.

Do you not read the other postings?  He was tasked with recruiting better students and, at our level, it was difficult to bring in kids that would pass all the tests and be outstanding on the field.  Stanford can do that.  I'm sure there are a few others that can.  But when not strapped with the academic committee he's proven he can recruit - and coach.  There was no patience by the BoT.  After he beat ND and Clemson the BoT thought that we should win a Nat'l Title. When we regressed on the field they fired him.  

52 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Do you not read the other postings?  He was tasked with recruiting better students and, at our level, it was difficult to bring in kids that would pass all the tests and be outstanding on the field.  Stanford can do that.  I'm sure there are a few others that can.  But when not strapped with the academic committee he's proven he can recruit - and coach.  There was no patience by the BoT.  After he beat ND and Clemson the BoT thought that we should win a Nat'l Title. When we regressed on the field they fired him.  

No! I refuse to believe this! He never wanted to be here, he golfed instead of recruiting, and he hates old people, kids, and dogs.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Did Judy call the timeouts when we played UM with Skip?  Just curious if that was supposed to be Skip.