• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Jeff Scott, as potential coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

It worries me too. If he is such an up and comer, wouldn't he have been hired by Missouri or another p5 school. There have been many misses on hires from great programs. Their last OC that got hired away was Chad Morris and that didn't work out very well. If it comes out that the board of trustees nixed Leavitt, I will have no trust in the program.

Historically, many assistant coaches cut their teeth and honed their skills as head coaches before jumping ship to a P5 position. The guy sounds like he has great potential.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Interesting message board fodder.  Take it for what it's worth:

Sooo with Jeff Scott leaving us just wondering and would like to get some input from you guys on how this will affect our recruiting in Florida and of course the Wide-outs we get. Will we see a drop off in WR ELITE recruits or do you think that with the products we put in the NFL at wideout we will keep chuggin along? Not exactly sure how recruiting works but I think each person on the staff has a region or area that they cover and I'm pretty sure Jeff handled Florida and hand a great Florida connection. I was talking with a family member and he mentioned something I never thought of. He said that USF will help Clemson with guys above their level and vice versa (below ours of course)

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Jeff-Scott-and-Recruiting-1958515?tstart=0

Honestly... if he comes in here with the mind set that there are recruits "above our level"... I have to say, I already don't like this hire. I know this is hearsay at best, so, I'll assume it's not real. But, I don't want our coach recruiting for someone else or thinking thoughts like "this guy is too good for us, I'll pass him off to a real program".

I get where Clemson fans would see it that way though, so, again, I'll consider the source here.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Honestly... if he comes in here with the mind set that there are recruits "above our level"... I have to say, I already don't like this hire. I know this is hearsay at best, so, I'll assume it's not real. But, I don't want our coach recruiting for someone else or thinking thoughts like "this guy is too good for us, I'll pass him off to a real program".

I get where Clemson fans would see it that way though, so, again, I'll consider the source here.

LOL - I'd say that quote in red is just straight up arrogance on the Clemson fans' part.  I wouldn't impute that comment to be anywhere near any coach.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I’m calling ********. Why would a hc recruit for another school when they have a team themselves? That statement make less sense than some of the **** said on here

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

I’m calling ********. Why would a hc recruit for another school when they have a team themselves? That statement make less sense than some of the **** said on here

Taggart and Harbaugh worked together. even had a camp at USF with Michigan. Imagine doing the same with clemson. There would be tons of talent there. Brilliant idea.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Not all players will consider playing for a team that is not in the running for the Playoff every year.  Reality is that right now super elite prospects are not coming to USF.  However we can certainly be friendly with Clemson for a time, giving them some access to campus facilities, etc.  I doubt it would be direct help or passing recruits along to one another, but I can see both schools doing something like a joint camp in SC and in FL, etc.  I doubt it is about direct referrals.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

38 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Not all players will consider playing for a team that is not in the running for the Playoff every year.  Reality is that right now super elite prospects are not coming to USF.  However we can certainly be friendly with Clemson for a time, giving them some access to campus facilities, etc.  I doubt it would be direct help or passing recruits along to one another, but I can see both schools doing something like a joint camp in SC and in FL, etc.  I doubt it is about direct referrals.

worked out well for Taggart and Harbaugh. gives us access to recruits that wouldn't even know we exist.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

This is a know nothing Clemson fan talking out of their a$$ on a message board.  Seriously, do you really believe that person?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Very reserved.

I’m getting Skip Holtz vibes.

I don’t know if this guy really fits USF’s urban metro identity.

Like some poster said - he’s had the best HS players in the nation to work with so far...

Hope I’m proven wrong. 🐂🤘🏻

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

51 minutes ago, macphisto said:

hahahahahahaha.