• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Jeff Scott, as potential coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Scott will have this thing turned around by year 2. Keep an eye on Chase Brice, real possibility he follows Scott down here. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

40 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

What are you talking about?  It's just like Pasco County, Florida ... I see both on Live PD all the time.  

I live in Pasco.
Won't tell you what episode I'm on.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I live in Pasco.
Won't tell you what episode I'm on.

Lol the crazy neighbor episode?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This is a really solid hire.

Both OCs at Clemson were in demand! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Interesting message board fodder.  Take it for what it's worth:

Sooo with Jeff Scott leaving us just wondering and would like to get some input from you guys on how this will affect our recruiting in Florida and of course the Wide-outs we get. Will we see a drop off in WR ELITE recruits or do you think that with the products we put in the NFL at wideout we will keep chuggin along? Not exactly sure how recruiting works but I think each person on the staff has a region or area that they cover and I'm pretty sure Jeff handled Florida and hand a great Florida connection. I was talking with a family member and he mentioned something I never thought of. He said that USF will help Clemson with guys above their level and vice versa (below ours of course)

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Jeff-Scott-and-Recruiting-1958515?tstart=0

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The waiting for the official announcement is the hardest part.  Anything (as we know) can happen between now and then. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

The waiting for the official announcement is the hardest part.  Anything (as we know) can happen between now and then. 

Yeah I'm getting a little nervous, probably because of all of the crazy speculation on this board.

But like you said anything can happen until the official announcement.  So we just have to be patient.  Fingers crossed!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Tom Petty knows this is truth!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Interesting message board fodder.  Take it for what it's worth:

Sooo with Jeff Scott leaving us just wondering and would like to get some input from you guys on how this will affect our recruiting in Florida and of course the Wide-outs we get. Will we see a drop off in WR ELITE recruits or do you think that with the products we put in the NFL at wideout we will keep chuggin along? Not exactly sure how recruiting works but I think each person on the staff has a region or area that they cover and I'm pretty sure Jeff handled Florida and hand a great Florida connection. I was talking with a family member and he mentioned something I never thought of. He said that USF will help Clemson with guys above their level and vice versa (below ours of course)

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Jeff-Scott-and-Recruiting-1958515?tstart=0

You better believe Scott already has a couple of guys in mind. Think that high 3 star range that couldn’t quite extend an official offer to. 

Also, keep an eye on Ajou Ajou out of Clearwater. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, macphisto said:

One thing to note about Jeff Scott.  His first job was as the HC of Blythewood HS in South Carolina when he was 26.  

It was the inaugural year of the football program there.

They won the state championship.  He then started coaching in college.

So at 26 he led a first time HS football program to a win in the state championship in Class 3A.

Blythewood hasn't won a championship since.

That's actually very impressive.

Good info