• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Jeff Scott, as potential coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

My biggest concern, and i'm sure he has a plan, is that his QB is not in the room so i hope he has got the one he is bringing with him lined up. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

We'll see... unfortunately, the pattern continues... Scott Insert any coach's name has had opportunities. Seems like he slow-played MK to see if he could get a better job, so, I suspect he'll bolt for that better job as soon as he gets a chance if he has success here... or, he will fail, like Skip/Charlie and we'll have to fire him and start again.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Defense was improved and improving. Why start over? KB has a HC that is also an OC. If they combine their talents the offense could be fixed. 

I suspect he will bring in all of his own people. Him and his Dad are connected in the industry.

I am not saying the defense wasn't improved but I would be surprised if many from the old staff are retained. 

As CCS would say "We need a good washing". 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

I doubt we will see any staff changes until after the first signing period. He has his hands full with recruiting for us and trying to win another natty. He better stay on at Clemson because he won't have another opportunity for one in the next 1-3 years. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, af_bull05 said:

Great tradition, no doubt. Definitely easier to recruit to Clemson than USF. Let's see how he can sell recruits on playing in front of any empty stadium with the wrong color scheme and a pirate ship. 

funny we beat Clemson in a bowl game in his 3rd year there. not sure how "easy" it was to recruit there when he first started

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

What’s not to like? An offensive minded guy from a 2x national champion that, most importantly, recruits well. Seems like a recipe for success.

I really like this hire because of the reasons you mentioned, but there certainly is some risk here.  He has never had to do it by himself, and lets not fool ourselves, this is a rebuild.  It remains to be seen whether he can get it done here.   We are going to have to give him 2-3 years to know.

But on paper, this looks like a very solid hire to me.  He can recruit (it certainly will be harder here than Clemson), but we are in a fertile recruiting area and he has recruited Florida already very well. He also has USF ties with his Dad.  The Staff that he brings in will be critical to his success.  I hope he has some good connections and gets good advice on this.

Obviously, MK sees something that he likes in this guy, so I'm going to put my trust that MK made the right decision.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

All three phases stunk for the most part. Let the purge begin.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We shall see how he does....he doesnt have the name Clemson to recruit for so that will make things tougher.

Clemson today wasn't the same Clemson when he started.  He's part of the reason that Clemson is where it is today.  How much is the unknown.

I don't know much about Clemsons offense it better be a spread type of offense.

Clemson plays a RPO style offense.  Usually 1RB, 1TE, and 3 WRs

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I suspect he will bring in all of his own people. Him and his Dad are connected in the industry.

I am not saying the defense wasn't improved but I would be surprised if many from the old staff are retained. 

As CCS would say "We need a good washing"

without a doubt

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

My biggest concern, and i'm sure he has a plan, is that his QB is not in the room so i hope he has got the one he is bringing with him lined up. 

Maybe we can get Dreaj Foge out of the portal. 

• Haha 1