• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

he isn't even the primary play caller. Tony Elliott will get a job before him and GTech and UCF have passed on him recently.

Interesting...had no idea about that. Any chance we can go after Elliot or is he too hot? 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As long as we fans know that except for a few people that our job is a stepping stone/rehabilitation job. 

I spent an hour last night explaining to my wife that right now in our life we are a proving ground program in a proving ground conference.  I informed her that my personal philosophy is "I would rather have my coach hired away then us having to fire him away." We will never have another Jim Leavitt who stays no matter how much money someone throws at him. Our new coach may stay threw one cycle, but two is a stretch.  

Yes, this puts immense pressure on the AD to continually get his hires correct. But he gets paid BIG bucks just to do that. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting...had no idea about that. Any chance we can go after Elliot or is he too hot? 

I actually think he could be a possibility. He interviewed at UCF after frost but they didn't offer him. He might be out of reach though but it never hurts to ask

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

As long as we fans know that except for a few people that our job is a stepping stone/rehabilitation job. 

I spent an hour last night explaining to my wife that right now in our life we are a proving ground program in a proving ground conference.  I informed her that my personal philosophy is "I would rather have my coach hired away then us having to fire him away." We will never have another Jim Leavitt who stays no matter how much money someone throws at him. Our new coach may stay threw one cycle, but two is a stretch.  

Yes, this puts immense pressure on the AD to continually get his hires correct. But he gets paid BIG bucks just to do that. 

we need to understand who we are and act accordingly. just as anyone who wants to build an offense here with the available athletes in the area. spread offenses work. pro-style not so  much

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which is why he should come here. A slight bump up the ladder to prove himself and we've gone the "grown man" route up to this point so maybe a man-child is the key ...

That's my thought process. Take the raise, keep working on maturing (or appear to be maturing), win some more games. Everyone's happy.

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I spent an hour last night explaining to my wife that baby Yoda isn't really Yoda.

Just now, Bull94 said:

we need to understand who we are and act accordingly. just as anyone who wants to build an offense here with the available athletes in the area. spread offenses work. pro-style not so  much

Yes it sucks, but UCF, Cincy, Temple and Memphis have figured this out. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I spent an hour last night explaining to my wife that baby Yoda isn't really Yoda.

Baby steps

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

That's my thought process. Take the raise, keep working on maturing (or appear to be maturing), win some more games. Everyone's happy.

No way!!!!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

Who I would like - 

Larry Scott head Coach

KB for the offensive coordinator (I think he needs another year and I really dont want to lose Tate Rodemaker)

Keep Brian Jean Marie for DC. Say what you want but the defense did the bet they could with a putrid offense that gave them no rest. 

Keep Shaun King !!!!! Hell I  still say make him an OC

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

37 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

The sooner our fanbase learns and accepts this incredibly accurate and simple concept, the better.