• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Who I would like - 

Larry Scott head Coach

KB for the offensive coordinator (I think he needs another year and I really dont want to lose Tate Rodemaker)

Keep Brian Jean Marie for DC. Say what you want but the defense did the bet they could with a putrid offense that gave them no rest. 

Keep Shaun King !!!!! Hell I  still say make him an OC

Now that might work. Shift KB to QB coach (we keep the big recruit) and out King at OC. Assuming a new coach would be onboard. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now that might work. Shift KB to QB coach (we keep the big recruit) and out King at OC. Assuming a new coach would be onboard. 

this entire staff was awful. not sure why people want anything to do with them.

who cares about the big recruit. he is pro-style who is rated #31 for pro-style QBs in his class. big deal....

get someone who can sign Cam'Ron Ransom from Armwood. #15 dual threat at least.

Just now, Bull94 said:

this entire staff was awful. not sure why people want anything to do with them.

who cares about the big recruit. he is pro-style who is rated #31 for pro-style QBs in his class. big deal....

get someone who can sign Cam'Ron Ransom from Armwood. #15 dual threat at least.

I agree they were bad...I was speaking just from the recruit perspective. It’s probably too late anyway. This recruiting cycle will probably be down. Which is common in these situations. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LOLOLOL  A coach with KB's resume will not take a demotion like this.  Step out of the classroom and into the real world.  :lol:

• Haha 1

If we want to keep Shaun King, and I'd think we'd want to, make him QB coach and passing game coordinator or some such.  Give him playcalling input and increased responsibility.  

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

LOLOLOL  A coach with KB's resume will not take a demotion like this.  Step out of the classroom and into the real world.  :lol:

the guy who won 2 national championships at valdosta before KB became a co-oc at georgia southern when he left valdosta. he split the job with a high school coach. they were fired after 1 year

let's not act like Bell is some in demand top level coach

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

the guy who won 2 national championships at valdosta before KB became a co-oc at georgia southern when he left valdosta. he split the job with a high school coach. they were fired after 1 year

let's not act like Bell is some in demand top level coach

I'm not.  But that doesn't change my opinion that someone with KB's resume would not go from OC to position coach.  He can always go back to DII and get another HC position.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Relax...my point was to focus on keeping the recruits (Valdosta QB). I would not expect this to happen. But...you are assuming he will get paid more somewhere else...not sure that will be the case after this year. Also, he can forget about bringing his kid to a new job on this current level. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone tell me a single thing KB accomplished this season that makes him worth keeping in any capacity?

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Relax...my point was to focus on keeping the recruits (Valdosta QB). I would not expect this to happen. But...you are assuming he will get paid more somewhere else...not sure that will be the case after this year. Also, he can forget about bringing his kid to a new job on this current level. 

I'm relaxed, I was laughing at your comment.  I am also not assuming anything, only saying that the dude isn't going to go from DII championship-winning head coach to D1 OC to D1 position coach within the span of 3 seasons.  I really don't think that's a stretch to say.