• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

39 minutes ago, Gismo said:

But I thought some  boosters wanted him fired?

Why would Leavitt return to the same boosters who smeared him to get him fired? 

That is an excellent point. Some wanted him gone and might pull their donations if he comes back.  Others were ticked that he got fired and would come back.  Not sure what the net would be. But there would be fannies in seats come Sept.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The biggest problem with CJL returning is it would really cut down on my posting topics.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

48 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Why would Leavitt return to the same boosters who smeared him to get him fired? 

Could be gone just like the board members that ranted and raved that Leavitt was denying USF it’s proper place atop the CFB hierarchy. Most of them were so embarrassed they left TBP as The Holtz New Error began to implode the program.  

Believe me, when the fire Leavitt crowd skulked away embarassingly as the program slid we did lose a large chunk of “fans.”  They ain’t coming back.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I forgot who the poster was but I remember someone with the info saying that CJL was not well liked in the athletics building when he was at USF. Was Michael Kelly in that building at the same time?

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I forgot who the poster was but I remember someone with the info saying that CJL was not well liked in the athletics building when he was at USF. Was Michael Kelly in that building at the same time?

I can tell you the two people I know who worked in the building with him thought he was a complete *******. But, I’d be willing to bet a lot of HCs fit that bill.

At Alabama, Nick Saban is mostly known for his warm hugs. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I can tell you the two people I know who worked in the building with him thought he was a complete *******. But, I’d be willing to bet a lot of HCs fit that bill.

Skip Hugs and Charlie Soft didn’t quite work out. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

It may also have to do with the WAY he was let go... there are many (myself included) that think that USF did not treat him with the respect he deserved for all he did here. It felt like a little bit of a divorce where dad cheats on mom... of course, he's your dad, so, you love him, but, you decide to spend your holidays with Mom. If they split just because they couldn't get along, it would be different, but, because of what he did, it broke a little trust, maybe it can be rebuilt over time, but, he's been running around with some pretty low quality women since your mom and hasn't made amends with her, so, the trust hasn't been restored.

I agree, USF is bigger than Leavitt, but, they were better together. At the very least, USF owes him some respect for what he built. I don't think he'll ever come back, but, I'd like to see the new administration coming to the table and acknowledging how important he is/was to this program. Start to build the trust back up with the fan base that chose his side in the divorce.

I do understand it to a point but when you've got people still supporting USF like Brad and Puc in light of what went on, it just kind of boggles the mind to think that there are people out there MORE upset than them 10 freaking years later .......

• Haha 2

I’d like to be made proud of our AD and our program.  It’s been a loooooooooong time. 

I think Kelly finds a way to do that.