• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I do understand it to a point but when you've got people still supporting USF like Brad and Puc in light of what went on, it just kind of boggles the mind to think that there are people out there MORE upset than them 10 freaking years later .......

Some people just aren’t as reasonable as me

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Has it really been ten?  My, my.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

This was well said - I hope MK reads it!

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess it's just me but I find this horribly sad and maybe a good indicator of why we may never get to Contributory level of even our conference brethren until those people wake up to what it takes to be an upper level football program. It's certainly within their right to place their love for CJL above their love for USF and wanting it to succeed but they are a prime example of one of the hindrances our ADs have been facing. As much as what Jim meant to the the football program, there's no way he should be placed above it ....

I don't think most (if not all) of the fans put their love for CJL above their love for USF. They just didn't want to support a bad decision. Bringing Leavitt back (if possible) could be one of the best things for our program.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Skip Hugs and Charlie Soft didn’t quite work out. 

I've worked with plenty of ******** in my life and it was never the reason they were good at their job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,213
  • Days Won:  422

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some people just aren’t as reasonable as me

The Taliban comes to mind ...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Has it really been ten?  My, my.  

I still wonder what might have been if Grothe didn't go down. While BJD played ok that year, I really think 2009 was going to be the breakout year with MG at the helm. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

The fact of the matter at this stage of the game USF is in desperate need of a lot of things. Not the least of which is relevancy. This program has become completely irrelevant nationally and only slightly less relevant statewide and locally.

There is not a single possible hire, short of something ridiculous like Urban Meyer or someone like that, that would INSTANTLY make USF Football significantly more relevant and interesting. I think even the people at ESPN would pump it up. People that downplay the excitement of the way it was “back in the day” were either not a part of it, or just have some personal beef with Leavitt. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, SpeedBull said:

The fact of the matter at this stage of the game USF is in desperate need of a lot of things. Not the least of which is relevancy. This program has become completely irrelevant nationally and only slightly less relevant statewide and locally.

There is not a single possible hire, short of something ridiculous like Urban Meyer or someone like that, that would INSTANTLY make USF Football significantly more relevant and interesting. I think even the people at ESPN would pump it up. People that downplay the excitement of the way it was “back in the day” were either not a part of it, or just have some personal beef with Leavitt. 

I remember when we were so relevant that Espn broke into their coverage of an event to show the initial press conference of Skip Holtz. There was a large outdoor crowd with students and the band. Seems like a 2000 years ago. I don’t think that will happen again unless something crazy happens. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I remember when we were so relevant that Espn broke into their coverage of an event to show the initial press conference of Skip Holtz. There was a large outdoor crowd with students and the band. Seems like a 2000 years ago. I don’t think that will happen again unless something crazy happens. 

Exactly. I remember Grothe on Jim Rome....albeit one of the worst interviews ever LOL. Loved Grothe as a player, but he wasn’t the best interview.....but the point is that USF mattered. It was exciting. An upstart team from Florida with cool uniforms and a head coach that was head butting players before the game and slaying giants in the process. It was effing great to be a Bull. We had all the juice and we let it get away. This hire is absolutely critical and I believe Kelly knows it. I hope he makes the right decision.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wife and I were there. She turned to me and was like, "We hired this guy? He's gonna suck."

She throws that tidbit in my face every once in a while.