• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Factor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

This is an excellent idea except I would write to VPofA MK.  Not that CJL is my first choice but I know of people who withdrew their financial support when he was fired.

Who is your first choice? I don't think Skip Holtz will leave Louisiana Tech. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Wife and I were there. She turned to me and was like, "We hired this guy? He's gonna suck."

She throws that tidbit in my face every once in a while.  

😂😂😂 sounds like we should be hiring your wife...she sounds smarter than the rest of us. 🤘

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂😂 sounds like we should be hiring your wife...she sounds smarter than the rest of us. 🤘

After year two she was like "Told you." 

Then I told her he got an extension......

Her reply was classic. "USF Athletics is stupid. No one wants that man. Why are we giving him an extension?"

She has an innate ability to read people in situations she is not directly involved in. Something he said while on stage did not sit well with her. Crazy thing is if the hiring was up to her, she would have picked someone worse. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Another thing she drops occasionally when it comes to THE Jim, "Whatever happened to anger management?"

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Another thing she drops occasionally when it comes to THE Jim, "Whatever happened to anger management?"

😂😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Who is your first choice? I don't think Skip Holtz will leave Louisiana Tech. 

I don't follow college football enough to know.  The Clemson guys sound pretty good but if they are running pro style stuff not sure. Was surprised to see MK at men's BB last night.  Thought he'd be working the phones all night. He was pleasant as usual.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I have a sinking feeling we get stuck with another pro style offense guy just because his name is big.  So now we suffer for another 3 years?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

The topic of 'pro style offense' has become somewhat of a burdensome, negative topic on this board of late.  I've wondered about this.   Predictably,  I suppose on account our program has had significant success with a dual threat or spread offense, I wonder if a pro style offense isn't a burden provided we have leadership that is keen at athlete selection to ensure it is implemented properly.  I believe we can be successful at either with the talent in Florida.  Round object, round hole instead of square object, round hole.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, dclenden said:

The topic of 'pro style offense' has become somewhat of a burdensome, negative topic on this board of late.  I've wondered about this.   Predictably,  I suppose on account our program has had significant success with a dual threat or spread offense, I wonder if a pro style offense isn't a burden provided we have leadership that is keen at athlete selection to ensure it is implemented properly.  I believe we can be successful at either with the talent in Florida.  Round object, round hole instead of square object, round hole.  

I think the issue isn't the QB... the issue is that to run a pro-style offense, you have to have a pro-style offensive line. High schools in Florida aren't developing that talent. We don't have the money or prestige to recruit the entire OL from the midwest/texas/california...spread-option can mask OL shortcomings and is better with more athletic linemen that can move in space. The spread-option allows for athletes to make plays in space whereas the pro-style needs more "prototypical" players. You need big WRs that are winning 50/50 balls, OL that can hold blocks, a RB with great vision, a QB with great pocket presence and accuracy etc... We may be able to line up one of those things at any given time, but, recruiting all of the pieces here is not likely.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

18 minutes ago, dclenden said:

There aren’t enough lineman coming out of high schools for everyone to run pro-style. The blue chips get the top NFL prospect lineman. Do you think we’ll out recruit SEC and Big10 teams for the needed talent for successful pro-style blocking? Even Jimbo Fisher is having trouble getting it clicking at Texas A&M because of the talent gap (most sacs allowed in the SEC), and A&M has had top 25, even some top 10 recruiting classes for the past decade. 

I think USF will see the most consistent success sticking to a spread scheme so we don’t live or die by the recruiting of lineman and new coaches.

Edited by Gismo