• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential head coaching candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

I believe they are trying to implement a zone blocking scheme under Bell. That might not explain their lack of pass blocking, but could explain the lack of a run game. Also, TDS during their film evaluation talked about Cronk not being used to this style. Showed some plays where he looked indecisive and slowed down.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

They were 0-12 (or whatever) when Scott Frost came to town.  Of all the things to hate about c. florida, their leadership and vision is light years ahead of ours.  

Not sure I totally agree with this.  We had the vision to bring in a pretty good basketball coach.

Agree, the CCS decision looks to be a big faiure.  Still think KB COULD get it done here in time, but time does not appear to be on his side. 

We continue to look unprepared and out classed.  Thats obvious, time for a change unless the highly unlikely happens and we turn it around this year.

I like the young up and coming offensive minded OC approach from a high profile P5 program.

I still believe in Mike Kelly to get this right.....Patience boys and girls.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

That’s the only thing keeping me from a meltdown lol.. I believe in mike kelly 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

11 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Think we said this about early CWT and all of CCS, a good coach adjusts their system to the capabilities of the players. A bad coach tries to make players who do not fit a system play in that system.

And a smart administration recognizes patterns and hires people more likely to have success at their university.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

They were 0-12 (or whatever) when Scott Frost came to town.  Of all the things to hate about c. florida, their leadership and vision is light years ahead of ours.  

Not quite light years.  The light-year is a measure of distance, not time. It is the total distance that a beam of light, moving in a straight line, travels in one year.

Now you can make a case that they are 5 years ahead of us.

19 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Reubens has hands-on experience!

Hide the children.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Funny thing about the Oline is Atterbury and Norman, the 2 seniors, seemed to play much better in the Gulf Coast and have regressed horribly 

Jennings was trying to get these two fired up , but they just stared at the ground and ignored him. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Not sure I totally agree with this.  We had the vision to bring in a pretty good basketball coach.

Agree, the CCS decision looks to be a big faiure.  Still think KB COULD get it done here in time, but time does not appear to be on his side. 

We continue to look unprepared and out classed.  Thats obvious, time for a change unless the highly unlikely happens and we turn it around this year.

I like the young up and coming offensive minded OC approach from a high profile P5 program.

I still believe in Mike Kelly to get this right.....Patience boys and girls.

Completely disagree. They built a program and a culture. It didn’t happen overnight, but it happened with several years of commitments. Stadium. Facilities. Student base. Alumni base.

Even when we were winning, we struggled to get students out. Struggled to get alumni involved. Didn’t make a major commitment to any facility upgrades.

USF HAS to mimic that.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4