• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential head coaching candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

jeff scott interviewed at south alabama. he would not cost $2.5M to hire. he understands that he needs to prove himself as a HC if he wants a big boy job.

your thinking is exactly why we are in such a terrible position. you must be one heck of a negotiator.

no actually he hasn't. he interviewed for south alabama recently, he didn't even get offered.

Jeff Scott is not coming here if you think he is working for less than $2.0 mil you are delusional. He can say no and be happy. He is not going to damage his brand by working for $1.5. Max pay for us $1.0 to 1.2 thanks to the buyout.  Further, if he is smart he will wait and see what jobs are available I don’t require an entire reclamation project. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

jeff scott interviewed at south alabama. he would not cost $2.5M to hire. he understands that he needs to prove himself as a HC if he wants a big boy job.

your thinking is exactly why we are in such a terrible position. you must be one heck of a negotiator.

no actually he hasn't. he interviewed for south alabama recently, he didn't even get offered.

Ok, I was thinking of someone else about the positions part although he has been in the running for multiple better spots he hasn't seen an offer but that could be for a reason. IE, he ain't leaving for just any offer. Look at the longevity of that staff, they have been on top of the college football world since 2015 and have had the same coordinators the whole time. They just don't leave for any offer and it certainly wouldn't be USF. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jeff Scott is not coming here if you think he is working for less than $2.0 mil you are delusional. He can say no and be happy. He is not going to damage his brand by working for $1.5. Max pay for us $1.0 to 1.2 thanks to the buyout.  Further, if he is smart he will wait and see what jobs are available I don’t require an entire reclamation project. 

you have no idea what it would take. like I said he interviewed at south alabama. if you don't think we can compete with them then you're delusional.

a 50% pay raise is pretty substantial. he was born an hour and a half from Tampa. coaches see what Taggart was able to do with his career from here

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Ok, I was thinking of someone else about the positions part although he has been in the running for multiple better spots he hasn't seen an offer but that could be for a reason. IE, he ain't leaving for just any offer. Look at the longevity of that staff, they have been on top of the college football world since 2015 and have had the same coordinators the whole time. They just don't leave for any offer and it certainly wouldn't be USF. 

he interviewed at SOUTH ALABAMA

you don't even take the interview if you are not interested in the job

look what Taggart did for his career by having success here

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

you have no idea what it would take. like I said he interviewed at south alabama. if you don't think we can compete with them then you're delusional.

a 50% pay raise is pretty substantial. he was born an hour and a half from Tampa. coaches see what Taggart was able to do with his career from here

Nor do you know what it takes. Geography is only a small element. My point is that this buyout will be so damaging there will not be enough to attract what is arguably the best OC in the nation....

Just now, Bull94 said:

he interviewed at SOUTH ALABAMA

you don't even take the interview if you are not interested in the job

look what Taggart did for his career by having success here

Sure you do, people take interviews for the experience all the time. But also in that interview you can say "this is what it's gonna take to get me to leave" which happens in interviews where a school is trying to get a hot commodity. That could cause a school to shake your hand and say thanks for coming. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nor do you know what it takes. Geography is only a small element. My point is that this buyout will be so damaging there will not be enough to attract what is arguably the best OC in the nation....

no actually it won't. pay him $1M per year buyout and then pay new coach $1.7M per year. basically same thing.

Heupel gets paid $1.7M after reworking his original deal. you honestly don't think Scott will get more than that as an uproven head coach do you? he's not even the main play caller at clemson.

trust me young coaches see what kind of success at USF and UCF have done for the careers of Taggart and Frost and soon to be Heupel.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Sure you do, people take interviews for the experience all the time. But also in that interview you can say "this is what it's gonna take to get me to leave" which happens in interviews where a school is trying to get a hot commodity. That could cause a school to shake your hand and say thanks for coming. 

they would know up front whether or not they could come to an agreement. don't be so naive as to think that isn't the case.

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

they would know up front whether or not they could come to an agreement. don't be so naive as to think that isn't the case.

That's just simply not true. The point of the interview is to see if the school and the coach are a good fit. There really is no reason to discuss details at the point. Especially is the school is trying convince the coach to leave the best program in the nation. Your primary goal is getting them in to talk. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That's just simply not true. The point of the interview is to see if the school and the coach are a good fit. There really is no reason to discuss details at the point. 

are you serious?? you don't think they had conversations with his agent and knew what kind of demands he would have if offered??

he wasn't interviewing at Subway sandwich shop. they didn't go into the interview blind.

they hire consulting companies to search for candidates for crying out loud.

• Upvote 1