• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential head coaching candidates

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Joe said:

Completely disagree. They built a program and a culture. It didn’t happen overnight, but it happened with several years of commitments. Stadium. Facilities. Student base. Alumni base.

Even when we were winning, we struggled to get students out. Struggled to get alumni involved. Didn’t make a major commitment to any facility upgrades.

USF HAS to mimic that.

That's not really fair.  I think the Students have done a pretty good job of supporting this program especially considering the product on the field recently.  Its the Alumni and general Tampa fans that have fallen off more so.

I agree that UCF has done a lot of things right to get where they are.  But to say they are light years ahead, isn't true.  They have a good thing going right now and they have done a lot of things right. 

But things change quickly in college football.  I think with Mike Kelly we are heading in the right direction, despite the current state of the team.  Its not going to happen overnight, especially if we now have to start over with yet another coaching staff and system, which is very possible. 

The IPF is going to get built which is a step in the right direction. 

Believe me I'm frustrated with things right now, we have made some bad decisions with past administrations.  But I don't believe the sky is completely falling like most.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Rich Rod?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Vince Lombardi!

If we are digging up graves might as well get Bill Walsh too...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Joe said:

Completely disagree. They built a program and a culture. It didn’t happen overnight, but it happened with several years of commitments. Stadium. Facilities. Student base. Alumni base.

Even when we were winning, we struggled to get students out. Struggled to get alumni involved. Didn’t make a major commitment to any facility upgrades.

USF HAS to mimic that.

It happened over a helluvalot longer than several years. It happened over decades of football, slowly building a fanbase through climbing the lower levels of college football, to where they can really appreciate things like AAC championships. USF CAN'T mimic that so I'm not really sure what the answer is ...... other than the P5 invite. We didn't struggle to get students out then, I don't think, even expanded their section ........ what didn't happened back then, where I agree with you, was getting alumni involved enough to make our donation levels match where our football levels .... and that may have more to do with the mindset of a huge portion of that alumni rather than anything that could have been done.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It happened over a helluvalot longer than several years. It happened over decades of football, slowly building a fanbase through climbing the lower levels of college football, to where they can really appreciate things like AAC championships. USF CAN'T mimic that so I'm not really sure what the answer is ...... other than the P5 invite. We didn't struggle to get students out then, I don't think, even expanded their section ........ what didn't happened back then, where I agree with you, was getting alumni involved enough to make our donation levels match where our football levels .... and that may have more to do with the mindset of a huge portion of that alumni rather than anything that could have been done.

Many of our alumni are lost sheep. Their mama and daddy’s cheered for one of the big 3 and thus they did the same...although those schools denied them. It’s pretty amazing how someone can ignore their alma mater while cheering on a university that said you are not good enough. Be that as it may there are many USF alumni I would love to slap some sense into. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe get this thread closer to on track. Coaching candidates I would like to replace CCS when he is fired.

1. Mike Yurcich: (QB coach Ohio St) #3 scoring offense in 2019 so far. OC for Ok St 13' to 18' where they finished 17th, 4th, and 13th from 2016 to 2018 under his guidance. Ohio boy but can find what he needs recruiting Florida

2. Jason Candle: (HC of Toledo) another Ohio boy who is 31-14 at crappy Toledo with a conf title and offenses that ranked 19th, 16th, and 9th in scoring from 2016 to 2018. He is only 42 as well. Young and has something to prove

3. Ricky Rahne: (OC for Pedo St) No Florida guys on my shortlist but he has moved up the ranks in Happy Valley has helped orchestrate top 25 scoring offense in 3 of the past 4 years, developed Trace McSorley and is rocking the #5 offense in 19'. He too is young (39) but played QB at Cornell.

Nothing special about my opinion, but some young offensive minded coaches with energy and something to prove and no golden parachutes from blue-bloods are very appealing to me. I have no problem if we became a stepping stone to a bigger paying job for some of these coaches as long as they win here. That is so much better than being a place where mediocre coaches go to die. (only Strong fits that description at this time).

• Upvote 1