• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential head coaching candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

conversations

Yes conversations but not xyz this is whats its gonna be. That's what the interview process is for. 

Yes, they do hire consulting companies the find viable candidates for them to interview. 

If what your are suggesting is true why doesn't every coach walk out of an interview with their deals in hand? since they already know before hand which is the best and what it will take to sign them. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yes conversations but not xyz this is whats its gonna be. That's what the interview process is for. 

Yes, they do hire consulting companies the find viable candidates for them to interview. 

sorry but you are wrong. you won't even sit for an interview if there isn't a possibility for coming to an agreement on salary.

Heupel makes $1.7M per year after reworking his original deal. Jeff Scott will not get paid that much as an unproven HC that doesn't even have a majority of play calling duties at clemson. maybe he is an assistant lifer but the fact that he interviewed at south alabama tells me otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry but you are wrong. you won't even sit for an interview if there isn't a possibility for coming to an agreement on salary.

Heupel makes $1.7M per year after reworking his original deal. Jeff Scott will not get paid that much as an unproven HC that doesn't even have a majority of play calling duties at clemson. maybe he is an assistant lifer but the fact that he interviewed at south alabama tells me otherwise.

Not very many people will say there no shot of signing me unless they are the head coach of their dream job but that also doesn't mean the asking price isn't to high. coaches take long shot interviews all the time. You're reading into the South Alabama thing way to much. It's much more fluid process. Taggart took an interview at  South Carolina and both sides knew if wasn't happening. 

He also makes 1 million at Clemson, you are gonna have to up that if you want him. 1.7 is a very doable asking price. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Not very many people will say there no shot of signing me unless they are the head coach of their dream job but that also doesn't mean the asking price isn't to high. coaches take long shot interviews all the time. You're reading into the South Alabama thing way to much. It's much more fluid process. Taggart took an interview at  South Carolina nad both sides knew if wasn't happening. 

fact is schools are not banging down Jeff Scott's door to hire him as a HC.

if he really wants to be a big time college head coach then he would jump at the chance to coach here.

Look where Taggart and Frost are now for taking UCF and USF jobs. Heupel is the next in line for a big boy job.

we are the perfect stepping stone job and we should embrace that fact.

I just hope the people in control of things aren't as limited in their thinking.

Our 2 best hires were done on the cheap. the 2 times we backed up the brinks truck and hired "named" coaches it blew up in our face.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Heupel is a steel for ucf...he will get paid (one way or the other) soon. 

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

if he really wants to be a big time college head coach then he would jump at the chance to coach here.

Look where Taggart and Frost are now for taking UCF and USF jobs. Heupel is the next in line for a big boy job.

I just hope the people in control of things aren't as limited in their thinking.

Our 2 best hires were done on the cheap. the 2 times we backed up the brinks truck and hired "named" coaches it blew up in our face.

Now this is spot on...no more friggin retreads...stay away from tired old man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

first of all you have no idea the calls he has fielded over the last 5 years. You have no idea what he's asking for or how much interest in leaving he has. That's really the only fact here

Big time = P5. 

10+ wins at any g5 school will get you those opportunities. He's better off going somewhere more capable getting 10 wins. 

Based on what? conference championships? program prestige? 

they aren't, they understand how fluid coaching changes are and that there's a ton of grey area that leads to where a coach goes outside of what a school or the coach might want. 

I know he took an interview with South Alabama. It was in an actual newspaper. not a rumor on some message board.

He will not get a big time P5 job unless he proves himself at a lower level. He is not even the primary play caller at clemson. Elliot is who actually interviewed at UCF

Taggart got 10+ wins here. we are more than capable. don't be so shortsighted.

we are the perfect stepping stone because we are located in arguably the best recruiting grounds in the country and could easily be one of the best G5 programs. Sorry but I feel our potential is extremely high

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

How about we just steal UCF's OC, Jeff Lebby. It hurts them, and helps us at the same time!

I like the scheme, not the execution. Heupel calls the plays, Lebby is truly a part time QB coach and part time Coordinator. The personnel we should steal is their 2 best recruiters and position coaches not tied to Randy Shannon; Elarbee (OL coach) and Shane Burnham (DL coach who was at Rutgers I believe). They've gotten some big young talent on their lines and we sure as hell could use that here. I'd like a young offensive coach for HC and both of those guys as coordinators.

We can get skill players all **** day here, in the trenches at a G5 is hard to build up and that's where we're falling short.

And then to your point of weakening them in the process is what makes this scenario for me

35 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

I like the scheme, not the execution. Heupel calls the plays, Lebby is truly a part time QB coach and part time Coordinator. The personnel we should steal is their 2 best recruiters and position coaches not tied to Randy Shannon; Elarbee (OL coach) and Shane Burnham (DL coach who was at Rutgers I believe). They've gotten some big young talent on their lines and we sure as hell could use that here. I'd like a young offensive coach for HC and both of those guys as coordinators.

We can get skill players all **** day here, in the trenches at a G5 is hard to build up and that's where we're falling short.

And then to your point of weakening them in the process is what makes this scenario for me

son of former USF DC Wally Burnham. man had some great defenses back then.

I believe  why Wally left was to coach with his son at Iowa State.

He did take the interview, however why he wasn't offered the job is unknown.

Big time coordinators get P5 jobs without dropping down all the time. It's about the fit.  

Taggart got 10 wins with 6+ pro guys on the roster, where are they at? 

We are a long way from being considered one of the best G5 programs. since the creation of the G5 we are the 7th best AAC team. 

It's sad to say but we aren't really even a coveted stepping stone program anymore. 

Edited by BrassBulls12