• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential head coaching candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

14 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It's sad to say but we aren't really even a coveted stepping stone program anymore. 

You seem to have forgotten that Publix Subs are available in the new OCP!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He did take the interview, however why he wasn't offered the job is unknown.

Big time coordinators get P5 jobs without dropping down all the time. It's about the fit.  

Taggart got 10 wins with 6+ pro guys on the roster, where are they at? 

We are a long way from being considered one of the best G5 programs. since the creation of the G5 we are the 7th best AAC team. 

It's sad to say but we aren't really even a coveted stepping stone program anymore. 

I guarantee the fact that he wasn't offered the job wasn't due to salary. I bet the first thing his people asked before even taking an interview was for a salary range.

Very few big time coordinators get top level p5 jobs. Look how many AAC coaches have gotten good P5 jobs recently.

Taggart recruited those NFL players. part of a coach's job. didn't say he wouldn't have to come in and do his job.

we have a ton of potential. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way

an article for you. this was even before Frost left for Nebraska, Morris left for Arkansas, Herman left for Texas,Rhule left for Baylor, Collins left for Georgia Tech.

How the AAC became a launching pad for Power 5 coaches

He views Power 5 coordinators as the key candidate pool to sustain the league and points to high-profile coordinator hires such as Norvell, Morris (Clemson), Collins (Florida), Frost (Oregon), Fickell (Ohio State) and Philip Montgomery, who coordinated Baylor's offense before taking the head-coaching job at Tulsa, where he went 10-3 last season.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19337786/how-american-athletic-conference-become-breeding-ground-power-5-coaches

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I guarantee the fact that he wasn't offered the job wasn't due to salary. I bet the first thing his people asked before even taking an interview was for a salary range.

No you can't. You  want to believe you can, but you can't. It also goes far and beyond salary, there's perks and facility commitments that coaches might want and so fourth. Not all of which is discussed until at or after the interview. There are also numerous things that can happen after the interview that can change what a coach might want to leave. Bottom line is there s nothing about Jeff Scott's South Alabama interview that carries any weight as to his qualifications as a head coach. 

Very few big time coordinators get top level p5 jobs. Look how many AAC coaches have gotten good P5 jobs recently.

2 were hired without any head coaching experience last off season, it was at the schools they coordinated but that's probably the route that Scott is looking to take. 

Taggart recruited those NFL players. part of a coach's job. didn't say he wouldn't have to come in and do his job.

Yeah Taggart had to work to put that together, he was moving up. Not moving down to get experience. Scoot would be looking for a 1 or 2 year job not a 4 to 5

we have a ton of potential. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way

I'm not sure what you see every Saturday

an article for you. this was even before Frost left for Nebraska, Morris left for Arkansas, Herman left for Texas,Rhule left for Baylor, Collins left for Georgia Tech.

How the AAC became a launching pad for Power 5 coaches

He views Power 5 coordinators as the key candidate pool to sustain the league and points to high-profile coordinator hires such as Norvell, Morris (Clemson), Collins (Florida), Frost (Oregon), Fickell (Ohio State) and Philip Montgomery, who coordinated Baylor's offense before taking the head-coaching job at Tulsa, where he went 10-3 last season.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19337786/how-american-athletic-conference-become-breeding-ground-power-5-coaches

None of this has any relevance to this program at this time. Is FIU a stepping stone? because we are much closer to them than the top teams of the AAC. 

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Sorry but Scott wouldn't be moving down. He isn't even the full time play caller for clemson.

That's Elliot who interviewed at UCF(who by the way was 0-12 the year before they hired Oregon's OC Scott Frost).

and Scott wouldn't get the clemson job ahead of elliot or venables either. not that it will be available anytime soon considering Dabo isn't even 50 yet.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I think we have a great job opportunity for a good young Coach. Taggart parlayed his success here into a $5M per year job in just 2 years after leaving.

you keep believing that we aren't worthy of a quality coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting conversation between 94Bull, NEB, and Brass

I see the consulting firm as the head hunter/recruiter.  When they call me they have a range that the employer is willing to play. My job is to get that range out of the head hunter to make sure package wise we are a fit. If we are set up the interview.  Once interview is set up it is my job to get the offer. If a head hunter calls me I am not setting up an interview if we are way off base with the compensation package. 

So if an OC recently interviewed with S. Alabama USF can **** sure afford him. 

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Interesting conversation between 94Bull, NEB, and Brass

I see the consulting firm as the head hunter/recruiter.  When they call me they have a range that the employer is willing to play. My job is to get that range out of the head hunter to make sure package wise we are a fit. If we are set up the interview.  Once interview is set up it is my job to get the offer. If a head hunter calls me I am not setting up an interview if we are way off base with the compensation package. 

So if an OC recently interviewed with S. Alabama USF can **** sure afford him. 

exactly.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

Replied on another thread.  USF needs to look at Kent State HC Sean Lewis.  Learned under Dino Babers.  Perfect offense scheme for Tampa climate.  Great recruiter.

Year two at a total rebuild but already showing life.  Dropped 60+ against Bowling Green.  Hung tough with the big boys on the schedule.

• Content Count:  831

On 9/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Kiffin has done nothing

He's a great fit then. Either have we.

• Content Count:  831

On 9/30/2019 at 11:30 AM, 94 Bull said:

Maybe USF should hire Coach Castle as a consultant to help recruit a worthy coach....  He seems to know what it takes to WIN!!

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/xjzdewS9JUS6W6ZvOfOmRA/winningest-active-high-school-football-coach-in-each-state.htm

433 wins — Bill Castle, Lakeland
Note: Has won seven state championships and a pair of national titles in his 43 seasons, all at Lakeland.

He coached Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, Chris Rainey, Ahmad Black, and many other great college players.  Could also help us with recruiting from Polk.

He's 70 and still motivating kids to win EVERY YEAR!!

Not a chance he leaves Lakeland.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's scary how much I agree with Bull94 these days.