• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Wow what if Rutgers got CJL and we got Schiano.  Then I would know we are living in a simulation farce.

At least we would own Rutgers when we play them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,015
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

At least we would own Rutgers when we play them.

Wow.  Inverted insanity. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Nope, no slam dunk for sure, but there’s plenty of evidence right in our own league that it can work - Tom Herman, Geoff Collins, Mike Norvell, Justin Fuente, Scott Frost, Josh Heupel, Luke Fickell

I agree with your point, though Luke Fickell and Geoff Collins are defensive guys, and doing very well

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Lol wow lots SJWs and Snowflakes on here against Leavitt.

I would gladly welcome the sense of hope and optimism he brought to the program. However short that lasted into conference play.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I dont know what agog means, but if you didn't see the slaps, then who are you to claim it's worthy of a firing, and to think otherwise is 'blind loyalty'? I mean these players bash their heads 30x a game much harder than Leavitt is even capable of slapping, and I doubt he hit the kid as hard as he could. I'm not saying it's right, maybe a suspension coupled with a fine would have been appropriate. He never did anything wrong before, so I dont understand the pitchforks for a mistake, when he is so passionate for his job. Is it more admirable to take money and not care, like Strong does? That comes off as robbery to me. 

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Despite people not wanting to admit it, he struck a student athlete and interfered with an investigation. He cannot come back. Had he apologized and gone to anger management he stays here. He had a thousand ways to make it right and stay. He chose to die on his hill. I am agog at the blind loyalty people show to him here.

I'd also interfere with a dumb investigation, especially when you know the administration is out to get you. This whole incident was blown out of proportion, and even the Miller family had to deal with the aftermath of being hated for Leavitt's firing. USF never cared about Miller, they wanted to cheaply get rid of Leavitt without the buyout. This was an easy way to do it. 

Bottom line is, I'd rather sink or swim with Leavitt. He IS USF football. And if we hire him tomorrow, I don't care if we win a CCG. I just know that we have a guy who cares about the program and is going to give 100%. If that means averaging 8 win seasons, so be it. He certainly isn't going to field an uninspired team, and that's what we as fans should care about. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

His interference was talking to a player on his team, Joel Miller.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Lol wow lots SJWs and Snowflakes on here against Leavitt.

I would gladly welcome the sense of hope and optimism he brought to the program. However short that lasted into conference play.

Just because one does not support CJL does not make them a snowflake...get over yourself...

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Well the golden question is, does he still care.  I doubt it.  It is no longer his baby.  I'm kind of going through this right now with another scenario.  The only sane way to deal with it is to cut your loses and move on.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

I mean, I have some ideas, but if c. florida, SMU, and others can figure it out, I trust that those people are out there and our leadership is just inept at finding them. 

I'm starting to agree with this statement.

How can every other school around us seem to put someone in place that allows their team to be competitive and their fans not calling to fire the coach in year 2/3?

Where do we look to go from here?

I'm very worried about the state of USF football going forward and saddened by the product we have currently.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

18 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

I mean, I have some ideas, but if c. florida, SMU, and others can figure it out, I trust that those people are out there and our leadership is just inept at finding them. 

10 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

I'm starting to agree with this statement.

How can every other school around us seem to put someone in place that allows their team to be competitive and their fans not calling to fire the coach in year 2/3?

Where do we look to go from here?

I'm very worried about the state of USF football going forward and saddened by the product we have currently.

What's interesting is that in the two examples that Army specifically mentioned, those programs went a different direction with their hires. Bottom line to me is that it's the luck of the draw rather than a school having better "vision" as has been mentioned. Our last 3 football hires should have had success here, if this school is what we think it is. One didn't, one did, one the story isn't over yet but the guillotine is slowly being raised. There's no such thing as a lock when talking about hiring coaches, unless you're looking in hindsight.