• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I dont care what NEB and Dave Glaser say. The majority of the fanbase would be in favor of bringing back CJL. 

You want passion from your fanbase? You want to grow up the fanbase again? Bring back the coach whose passion cannot be matched. Michael Kelly and CJL is a winning combo.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I dont care what NEB and Dave Glaser say. The majority of the fanbase would be in favor of bringing back CJL. 

You want passion from your fanbase? You want to grow up the fanbase again? Bring back the coach whose passion cannot be matched. Michael Kelly and CJL is a winning combo.

No they wouldn’t... you want to believe that but they would not. Why take such a huge gamble? Who would want to come here as an OC for the man knowing your going to be treated like ****? Why would you want another D coach to be a head coach? CJL is an excellent DC...maybe the best in the nation but he should not be a HC. What if he blows his gasket again? The smart play is a young, hungry OC looking for a chance at a P5 job. That is our existence now. If that guy does well we do well. Last, we will not have fanbases from the BCS days...it’s gone never to return. But we can win conference championships and that will give some new members of the fan base. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

It would definitely generate some buzz and   I would certainly be all in again, I know im not alone

+1 here

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

****! A lot of you are saying this like it is bound to happen lol. I wished it did but realize that it won’t. Best bet right now if CCS doesn’t not turn it around is to go with KB as the interim HC. If their is improvements then I think you give him that job.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I love that people are running around acting like every young oc that gets hired is a home run; the vast majority bomb out but you have not noticed that because you are looking for it to be successful. The best indicator of future success is past success and anyone that hasn’t coached at this level is most certainly a gamble.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I love that people are running around acting like every young oc that gets hired is a home run; the vast majority bomb out but you have not noticed that because you are looking for it to be successful. The best indicator of future success is past success and anyone that hasn’t coached at this level is most certainly a gamble.

So we should stick with CCS, got it. 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Bull Nut said:

So we should stick with CCS, got it. 😂

Not exactly where I was going with that...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,114
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Nope, no slam dunk for sure, but there’s plenty of evidence right in our own league that it can work - Tom Herman, Geoff Collins, Mike Norvell, Justin Fuente, Scott Frost, Josh Heupel, Luke Fickell

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. I have no idea why @Brad and a few others would want this guy.

I have already stated that I do not want him back as a coach. 

But the same broken (or ethically challenged) people that allowed the setup and then the sham investigation and that put together  a way to get out of his contract should be held to the same high standard.  Luckily for them, they've all snuck off with their own USF riches.   It's a bad deal for the program.  Many people don't know what you two "have heard".  They still think USF sacked their guy for their own self interest and they don't trust or want to be associated with USF.  It needs to be fixed, especially when you consider it's such a small fan base as it is.

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Nope, no slam dunk for sure, but there’s plenty of evidence right in our own league that it can work - Tom Herman, Geoff Collins, Mike Norvell, Justin Fuente, Scott Frost, Josh Heupel, Luke Fickell

Absolutely it can work but it’s equally likely not to work.