• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well that’s a decision. Can we maintain a G5 program that wins 9 to 10 games a year, wins a few conference championships, gets to play in an occasional NYD bowl game? I would say yes. But our peek will be 35/40k a game. It is what it is... 

35k is good. Tbh, I’m happy with the 28k yesterday. So one positive is that it seems that USF is growing the fan base

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Brad, I won’t rehash it all again, but you know I dealt with him at least a couple times a week for almost three years and I was “on the team” - officially supported by the athletic department. It wasn’t just Brett that he treated like crap. He could be charming one minute and a complete tool the next. Possibly clinically bipolar.

I was on a USF team while CJL was at USF and even from just my minimal interactions with the guy in hallways and such in the Selmon center that was my biggest take away. You never knew if a "Simple hey, Coach" "Good game last week coach" etc would lead to a cordial response or a CJL death scowl like you just committed a deadline ball personal foul. He definitely didn't have a great rep with the other people inhabiting that building. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

Why do we - at this point in our history - have to be on equal footing with UF/FSU or close the program down? There’s nothing else? If that’s the case, we were fools to even launch the program.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Brad said:

When has that happened?

Never...but that’s what it will take to keep the ship from sinking...maybe 30k will work. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,037
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Never...but that’s what it will take to keep the ship from sinking...maybe 30k will work. 

I don't think that entertains 30K in the Tampa market.

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

Why do we - at this point in our history - have to be on equal footing with UF/FSU or close the program down?

Will not be at that level in our life time. There are so many variables that prevent it. But we can be a very good program playing on NYD. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

CJL has a PhD in Psychology I believe. He was pretty smart in doing it his way. Coach Bobby Knight had a strong personality too and all he did was win. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Brad said:

I don't think that entertains 30K in the Tampa market.

Then you are right there is a bigger problem. I have no idea what break even is (and we probably have done it in a long time) but I am sure Kelly does. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

CJL has a PhD in Psychology I believe. He was pretty smart in doing it his way. Coach Bobby Knight had a strong personality too and all he did was win. 

And that worked out well, huh?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

@NewEnglandBull do you know why he treated McMurphy like crap?

He didn't "rule" the athletic center.  You do know the quote about being the most powerful man in the building was admittedly made up by someone else?

Come on, we're in the information age....

Look like a madman? Maybe.  You prefer Charlie's distant electroshock therapy gone wrong victim look?  I'll take the madman.  Thanks.

I will take that madman that cares and brings life to the line up up any day of the week. Charlie seems lifeless and brings no intensity ever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1