• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Throw in the Mike Kelly connection to CJL and I do think its possible....longshot but possible.....

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, Brad said:

Are you familiar with the Frank Kush thing?  Just curious.  

Some thought the same with his situation - and it was much more egregious.  But sanity (or, perhaps, money) prevailed. 

Not all the specifics, but it’s irrelevant. Jim’s a good coach AND a special kind of knucklehead for people to deal with. I can’t see administration ever putting itself in a situation of having to stick its neck out to explain bringing him back and then dealing with his idiosyncrasies on a daily basis.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

I've only been fished for big money on one occasion, and that was before the Leavitt fiasco.  I will not give "big money" until I feel that is resolved.  I cannot be alone.  Seems we had a lot more people willing to contribute prior to the Leavitt fiasco than now.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Not all the specifics, but it’s irrelevant. Jim’s a good coach AND a special kind of knucklehead for people to deal with. I can’t see administration ever putting itself in a situation of having to stick its neck out to explain bringing him back and then dealing with his idiosyncrasies on a daily basis.

We'll see.  If stubbornness kills this once promising and record setting program, so be it.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I've only been fished for big money on one occasion, and that was before the Leavitt fiasco.  I will not give "big money" until I feel that is resolved.  I cannot be alone.  Seems we had a lot more people willing to contribute prior to the Leavitt fiasco than now.  

It would definitely generate some buzz and   I would certainly be all in again, I know im not alone

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

We'll see.  If stubbornness kills this once promising and record setting program, so be it.

I don’t have that kind of blind faith in Jim as the savior.

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

I don't think he's a savior Dave.  I'm just saying make up with him.  I'm not even saying make him the HC.  We ****** the guy, we ought to get that off our conscience before expecting we should be something better than what we are today.  

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

I dont think Brad, I, or others do either.....but even as an advisor, recruiting, out generating donations, buzz about the program.....i can see it

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

How do you know Jim has grown any? Is he still going to treat the media like ****? Is he still going going to “rule” the athletics center? Is he still going to lose his **** and look like a mad man? Does anyone want to work for him? Too many questions...

Just now, dausfbulls11 said:

Its his baby....time to give it back

No ******* way...