• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't buy all the anti-Leavitt stuff, but it's possible.  Maybe never, who knows.  But even ASU (P5 by the way), as I have posted here several times, realized they had to bring back Frank Kush to heal their fan base.  They did.  He was instrumental in their program's development.   They buried the hatchet and grew some balls to unite in the interest of the program.  USF probably never will.  I just think USF thinks they know better.  You want life in this program, you bring him back in some capacity.  Drop the pride and the ********.  Now nearly everything around ASU football is named after Kush.  Their fan base LOVES the guy.  So, anyway, if USF decides to allow a slow death (as it seems) that's their prerogative.  If you want to unite everyone but Neb ( :) ) you do something.  Kelly has a terrific opportunity.  This will define his administration.  Even a new coach, all by itself, won't bring any attention.  We're on life support.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't make some sort of offer at some point.  But he has bigger problems on his hands, like the extinction of the program.  Doesn't do any good to welcome back the founder of the program when it is dead.

No one in USF’s administration wants to rehash the Leavitt story in the media. We are an educational institution that plays football, not a football entity that happens to offer a few classes. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

• Like 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

We'll see.  ASU is allegedly an academic institution too.   But, times have changed, too.  The more PC nature of campuses would likely result in an immediate demonstration on allegations against Leavitt (violence, ****, toxic masculinity, etc.) which these days is enough to condemn.  ASU could welcome back their coach because it was a simpler time.  They actually had proof Kush struck a player.  USF could never prove McMurphy's allegations.  But it's a different day.  We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

We'll see.  ASU is allegedly an academic institution too.   But, times have changed, too.  The more PC nature of campuses would likely result in an immediate demonstration on allegations against Leavitt (violence, ****, toxic masculinity, etc.) which these days is enough to condemn.  ASU could welcome back their coach because it was a simpler time.  They actually had proof Kush struck a player.  USF could never prove McMurphy's allegations.  But it's a different day.  We'll see.

Brad, no. Save yourself the angst. Just wondering, why do you think it is that Jim hasn’t had a head coaching job since he left USF? He’s certainly shown a willlingness to move east/west. Why isn’t he the head coach at K-State today?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Because he lost a battle in the media.  He is hard headed and ham handed.  He didn't have support of his employer and got flushed.  You know McMurphy was going after him non stop, and finally found foils in the locker room.  Some, heroes of our dying program.  All lose.  that's why I think the admin should try to solve.   Karma is a _____.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He ain’t coming back...

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

He has certainly been considered....his lack of championships with us doesnt help.....i do believe he will get his shot. But like Brad, even as an advisor would bring some closure and pride back to the fanbase

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He ain’t coming back...

I hope for his sake you are right.  I hope he continues to coach somewhere he wants to.  He owes USF nothing.  That ship is on its own in deep waters.

Don’t think for a minute that I don’t appreciate Jim. He will always be the most important figure in the history of USF football, but he’s never coming back. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Are you familiar with the Frank Kush thing?  Just curious.  

Some thought the same with his situation - and it was much more egregious.  But sanity (or, perhaps, money) prevailed.