• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

@NewEnglandBull do you know why he treated McMurphy like crap?

He didn't "rule" the athletic center.  You do know the quote about being the most powerful man in the building was admittedly made up by someone else?

Come on, we're in the information age....

Look like a madman? Maybe.  You prefer Charlie's distant electroshock therapy gone wrong victim look?  I'll take the madman.  Thanks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

@NewEnglandBull do you know why he treated McMurphy like crap?

He didn't "rule" the athletic center.  You do know the quote about being the most powerful man in the building was admittedly made up by someone else?

Come one, we're in the information age....

Look like a madman? Maybe.  You prefer Charlie's distant electroshock therapy gone wrong victim look?  I'll take the madman.  Thanks.

Brad, I won’t rehash it all again, but you know I dealt with him at least a couple times a week for almost three years and I was “on the team” - officially supported by the athletic department. It wasn’t just Brett that he treated like crap. He could be charming one minute and a complete tool the next. Possibly clinically bipolar.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Possibly, but for Brett to fabricate his story in revenge mode with (at least) an equally off-base Joel Miller and Colby Erskin still reeks of wrongness.  Brett made out nicely.  No one else did.  I don't support that as enough to not recognize the founding of our program - whether we intend to keep it in some degenerate form or not.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Agreed. USF took away all that he was building here with the program. The only thing USF should do now is to get a statue or name the IPF after him. 

The OCS died with the CCS buyout. Or the CCS buyout is dead with the OCS on the table. Either way, both aren’t happening.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How do you know Jim has grown any? Is he still going to treat the media like ****? Is he still going going to “rule” the athletics center? Is he still going to lose his **** and look like a mad man? Does anyone want to work for him? Too many questions...

No ******* way...

When I worked at the College of Medicine I worked with some athletic training faculty. The students went to games to work. He was considered by the faculty to be "insane", "out of control", "a madman" by the faculty I spoke to.

Despite people not wanting to admit it, he struck a student athlete and interfered with an investigation. He cannot come back. Had he apologized and gone to anger management he stays here. He had a thousand ways to make it right and stay. He chose to die on his hill. I am agog at the blind loyalty people show to him here.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Also, and this has zero to do with his Rutgers job or anything other than one person’s story...but I knew one person at USF in my short time working there that worked directly with the Jim. My wife also crossed paths working closely with one person from the athletics department. Both people said with absolute certainty, xCJL was the absolute worst person they ever associated with at USF. Also, he’s the best coach we’ve ever had by a landslide.

Edit: I didn’t see the post above mind when I made it. The purpose wasn’t to crank out a string of anti-Jim posts.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The OCS died with the CCS buyout. Or the CCS buyout is dead with the OCS on the table. Either way, both aren’t happening.

Lol. I finally pulled myself out of the OCS camp as it just not realistic right now. Think the IPF may become reality which is good. Besides I’m now more focused on being in the new baseball stadium for the Rays camp. Been traveling to as many baseball stadiums as I can and realize that  Tampa would be even more awesome if they had a new Rays stadium.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

When I worked at the College of Medicine I worked with some athletic training faculty. The students went to games to work. He was considered by the faculty to be "insane", "out of control", "a madman" by the faculty I spoke to.

Despite people not wanting to admit it, he struck a student athlete and interfered with an investigation. He cannot come back. Had he apologized and gone to anger management he stays here. He had a thousand ways to make it right and stay. He chose to die on his hill. I am agog at the blind loyalty people show to him here.

This. I have no idea why @Brad and a few others would want this guy. You think bringing him will return to a time that you cherished when in fact that time is gone...it may return but not in the same manner it once did. People who want CJL only because it was a better time and Leavitt was only one part of it not the whole part. Time to stop wishing....

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

No!  Just no!  I can't see Jim in a Futgers uniform.

image.png.c2ff1c0e9ecf4c1d563e392a694e4b8c.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

10 years can hopefully change a man for the better in that regard. If this season keeps going down its current path, I'd have no problem whatsoever trying to rekindle the magic with CJL ..... although that particular magic cannot be replicated in our current situation, it should be better than what we're facing right now.