• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t understand all this obsession with CJL.  I recognize all that he’s done for this program but the past is the past.  You can never go back and recapture the magic.  Time to move on.

Tell that to UNC

• Upvote 2

But seriously....Rutgers hiring CJL would be the most USF thing that could happen to USF fans

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

But seriously....Rutgers hiring CJL would be the most USF thing that could happen to USF fans

Lol. We would have to root for Rutgers if that happened 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I might go get another degree....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t understand all this obsession with CJL.  I recognize all that he’s done for this program but the past is the past.  You can never go back and recapture the magic.  Time to move on.

There is an obsession with CJL because he represents the “good ol days” of USF football. The fact that mediocrity in conference , the occasional big win, and no trophies represents the golden age of the program tells you a lot about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

It’s laughable. Leavitt will never be associated with USF again. Everybody just stop.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s laughable. Leavitt will never be associated with USF again. Everybody just stop.

Why not Dave? And as a former rivals member i respect your opinion....why is it not possible? Judy is gone, Kelly was here during the Leavitt days so Im sure there is some connection....if he can be considered for Rutgers or other universities, why not here?

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, dausfbulls11 said:

Why not Dave? And as a former rivals member i respect your opinion....why is it not possible? Judy is gone, Kelly was here during the Leavitt days so Im sure there is some connection....if he can be considered for Rutgers or other universities, why not here?

He was terminated by the university. This isn’t a Bobby Petrino at Louisville or Mack Brown at UNC situation where they were successful, left and eventually rehired. Leavitt was fired - and not for poor job performance, for something else. It simply won’t happen.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

He was terminated by the university. This isn’t a Bobby Petrino at Louisville or Mack Brown at UNC situation where they were successful, left and eventually rehired. Leavitt was fired - and not for poor job performance, for something else. It simply won’t happen.

Exactly! Think it may be more realistic for CWT coming back if things don’t work out at FSU. But that is a long shot at best lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don't buy all the anti-Leavitt stuff, but it's possible.  Maybe never, who knows.  But even ASU (P5 by the way), as I have posted here several times, realized they had to bring back Frank Kush to heal their fan base.  They did.  He was instrumental in their program's development.   They buried the hatchet and grew some balls to unite in the interest of the program.  USF probably never will.  I just think USF thinks they know better.  You want life in this program, you bring him back in some capacity.  Drop the pride and the ********.  Now nearly everything around ASU football is named after Kush.  Their fan base LOVES the guy.  So, anyway, if USF decides to allow a slow death (as it seems) that's their prerogative.  If you want to unite everyone but Neb ( :) ) you do something.  Kelly has a terrific opportunity.  This will define his administration.  Even a new coach, all by itself, won't bring any attention.  We're on life support.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't make some sort of offer at some point.  But he has bigger problems on his hands, like the extinction of the program.  Doesn't do any good to welcome back the founder of the program when it is dead.

• Upvote 3